Lewis Shiner putting his novels online for free

8 Responses to “Lewis Shiner putting his novels online for free”

1. Mazoola says:

One would almost think Shiner had never written anything other than Glimpses — which of course he has. But, you know, even if he hadn’t, he’d still be remembered as a writer of rare genius. Damn close to a perfect novel….

2. Patrick Nielsen Hayden says:

I just want to say that I recently read Shiner’s Glimpses, years after its original publication, and I was completely knocked over by it. And I generally hate Boomer rock nostalgia in science fiction. This wasn’t nostalgia; it was scary and real.

3. Xtal says:

I’m a hundred pages into Black and White and loving it.

As an aside, I sent a link to Little Brother to a friend at work, and rather than read the whole thing on his computer screen, he went right out and bought it. My friend probably would never have heard of it otherwise, and now I feel less guilty about having enjoyed the whole thing online without paying for it.

4. 13enster says:

I was absolutely captivated by Black and White. This was the first time I read anything written by Shiner, but it won’t be the last.

5. proto says:

Glimpses screenplay! Cool!

6. m1k3y says:

good on ya Lewis!

let me add to love of Glimpses, which i’ve forced many to read.

let’s not forget he also co-authored Mozart In Mirrorshades with Chairman Bruce.. any chance that’ll go up on the site too?!

7. Steve Stair says:

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve re-read Glimpses. Such a great book, and I don’t even like the Beach Boys. :)

8. ChuckEye says:

Glimpses does, indeed, rock. But I’d be willing to put Slam up there as a close second. Hell, I have all of his novels (but hadn’t heard about Black & White until this post… off to order it now.)