Barbie jewelry by Margaux Lange

16 Responses to “Barbie jewelry by Margaux Lange”

1. karenrani says:

ACK! Another Craftastrophe!
    (http://craftastrophe.net)

2. wildeandcrazy says:

#7 I will admit I might have been a little too hasty. I have in fact looked at her site, read her bio and such, but still am not thrilled by the art.

I don’t care if she is a feminist. It makes no difference to me. What I care about is perpetuating gender roles, stereotypes and the effect that has on people.

#8 I don’t know what they are suppose to do. A little of each gender wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing, but I don’t know how to make it work. Yet, I still am uncomfortable with the use of Barbie doll’s body parts.

3. Foolster41 says:

Ok, that is creepy.

4. pinkpicnic says:

I think wildeandcrazy has a point, and I’ve seen/read about this artist before. It’s not really that original since women’s dismembered (not violently, but for advertisexment) body parts are everywhere.

I read the artist’s statement, and I get it, but that doesn’t mean I like it.

5. Anne K. says:

Okay, that highly disturbing. Like, I would have to cover it up to sleep in the same room with it creepy.

6. wildeandcrazy says:

Call me a feminist. Call me a party pooper.

But is it just me or does separating women’s bodies into parts only perpetuate the objectification of women?

I’ll admit it is creative and quite a sight to be seen. BUT it is only adding to society that is voyueristic and commodifes women.

I’d really like to know what the creator of this line of jewelry is/was thinking.

• Antinous says:

Isn’t that the point? That Barbie consists solely of hair, eyes, lips, breasts and legs. None of the inconvenient parts like organs or a personality or free will.

#6, perhaps you should read more about the artist, since she is quite the feminist. And open your mind ;)

8. Takuan says:

right, and what were they supposed to use? Ken doll crotches?

9. kmoser says:

The serrated edges on that ring look sharp enough to do some serious damage to whatever you brush by. I wonder if the TSA would let you fly with it.

10. Stefan Jones says:

If you had one of those rings, and the mouth talked, you’d pretty much be obligated to stick your head in a wood chipper.

11. JeepMcMuddy says:

Its a fleshlight built for guys hung like houseflys

12. sad dolls says:

SAD DOLLS!

13. desiredusername says:

If Esty is testy, lets see it spelled “Etsy”.

14. desiredusername says:

If my last post is a snore you should have seen it in context before.

15. Sekino says:

ROFL There’s a pendant made of boobies!!