A disclaimer, in the interest of transparent über-sharing: I was paid to write these posts, and the site is an online video hub run by Comcast.
I wasn't told what to write about or not write about, and my work wasn't edited or modified in any way, so I picked freaky stuff I genuinely liked, and in a few cases, had some sort of personal connection with.
Each post is about something you can actually watch on Fancast, for free, no login required -- full-length movies, tv episodes, or trailers. You have to sit through ads, but IMO, it's not a bad deal.
Here are my posts so far (click on the links to launch them):
* Battlestar Galactica 1979, the original series, back when Starbuck was a dude.
* How great Matt Stone and Trey Parker are (to wit: the current South Park season, Team America revisited, and Cannibal: The Musical, a Trey Parker side project).
* The schlocky scifi television classic Lost In Space, shown at left.
* The spectacularly bad spy movie spoof Casino Royale 1967
* Transamerican Love Story , a transgendered-themed reality dating show starring two BoingBoing friends/readers/frequent link-contributors.
I'm due to contribute a few more items. I was surprised at just how much weird stuff they have available to view on the site -- stuff I'd actually watch. If you see anything really obscure and wonderful that I should write about next, nudge me in the comments here.
Boing Boing editor/partner and tech culture journalist Xeni Jardin hosts and produces Boing Boing's in-flight TV channel on Virgin America airlines (#10 on the dial), and writes about living with breast cancer. Diagnosed in 2011. @xeni on Twitter. email: email@example.com.