New Chronulator clock kit spawns cigar-box clock

11 Responses to “New Chronulator clock kit spawns cigar-box clock”

Seriously, don’t take that into Boston or the Boston airport.

2. Maxi Malone says:

Never underestimate the value of a cigar box. I used a piece of one to patch the ceiling in my bathroom.

May Your Glass Always Be Half Full

3. Vanguard3000 says:

But… Now where will Mr. Park put his cigars?

4. Robbo says:

Ahhhh – Romeo y Julieta.

I’m more of a Monte Christo man, myself – but – mmmmmm.

And ctaching a tune at the same time – yeah baby!

Cheers.

5. Palilay says:

Looks like it came from the Guantanamo Bay yard sale.

Where do you attach the electrodes?

6. SamSam says:

Ha! I have several of those Romeo y Julieta boxes — I put dividers in them and made them my electronics storage bins. I hadn’t though of using them as a project case yet…

7. nanuq says:

You have to be careful where you keep that if you want to avoid a visit from the Bomb squad.

8. ScottTFrazer says:

I would totally not travel with that thing :-)

I’m guessing this isn’t something you pack in your carry-on luggage.

10. AirPillo says:

^^^

You know, joking about repressed rights and government surveilance was little more common in the Soviet Union than it is today in the US and the UK.

However!!!

Back on subject: I think it probably would have been more handsome with the circuitry concealed within, and just a few arches of wire poking through the case.

A pair of toggle switches would kick this up a notch, as well, Emeril Lagasse style.

11. jboone says:

Hi from Jared @ ShareBrained. Apropos of the prior Gitmo/travel comments, I thought everybody would enjoy a Chronulator made by the guy who originally gave me the idea. Witness, the BOMBULATOR!

(It’s the second one on the page — be sure to scroll down a bit.)

Thanks for the post, Cory!