Interactive Photo-Hunt Game on YouTube

18 Responses to “Interactive Photo-Hunt Game on YouTube”

1. travelina says:

@leadhyena: the phone number appeared twice, I think it was the same phone number, at least they both had the (203) area code. How weird.

2. Steve Nimmons says:

I got ‘piledrived’ by the Wrestler! Really interesting concept, my excuse is I was also watching TweetDeck! Dear me – failed at level 3!

3. jfrancis says:

That is a pretty interesting use of youtube. I had never seen that feature before.

Photo Hunt Cheat Code:

Cross your eyes until the two pictures merge together, then look for areas in the field that “shimmer.” Those areas are the differences between the photos. The shimmering is your brain receiving conflicting information from your eyes.

5. arkizzle says:

Boom!

(Good fun, but I thought the interactive Street Fighter was more innovative)

6. arkizzle says:

Me (above)

SPOILER ! !

(See Ridl, we both learnt a lesson!)

7. travelina says:

I got through all 30 levels!

8. Okathleen says:

Cn y mgn th mrktng mplctns fr ths…

9. arkizzle says:

Kathleen, sigs go in your profile please :)

@10:

I did not have a problem with most of them. Found all but maybe 8 in the allotted time. The boxes helped. I went from top to bottom, left to right, matching each box for about 5 seconds.

@13:

Try as I might, I cannot get the 2 images to overlap by crossing my eyes. I just get a headache. :-(

11. Leadhyena says:

On one of the photo hunt reveals there’s a phone number. Figuring that it was some sort of ARG thing, I called it. The guy who owns the number had NO IDEA what I was talking about! I let him know so he could let the creator know, but for now please don’t call his number; it’s the equivalent of a DDoS attack.

To the creator, did you mean for us to call a different number?

12. aelfscine says:

For some reason the grid totally messes me up. Anything that wasn’t ridiculously easy (like the first) was terribly difficult. It was like because of the annotation boxes I couldn’t process that they were the same images at all.

Anyone else have this problem?

(And no, I’m not complaining, I’m just noticing how my own thinking can get locked up. The concept itself is neat and creative.)

13. oscar says:

Of course there’s nothing stopping you (besides honesty) from hitting pause to buy more time…

14. chumpmeat says:

ow! one of the videos got taken down, stopping the game cold. I think it was for the ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ one. What studio put out that piece of junk anyway? Hey studio! Your movie was an overrated heap of crap! And so’s your mama!

15. arkizzle says:

Aelfscine..

I’m going to reveal my Super Secret Technique that has lead to all of my past successes (oh the dizzying heights!) in the “spot the difference” realm of games.

Cross your eyes (or uncross, whichever you find easier), so that each image is over-layed into one image (like a magic eye picture). When the images match up, your eyes should softly ‘lock’ the pictures in to one, like normal stereo vision.

Now scan the image, the background will look flat and normal, but the ‘difference’ will hover or float above the background. Its EASY to do even the hardest “spot the difference” with this technique.

FYI it also works a treat for spotting anomalies and drift in time-differed photos, like astronomy images. I regularly utilise this focused double-mono vision to differentiate details in images.

16. Talia says:

only 18 and 26 really threw me for a loop. I thought the last one was easy.

This was great.

17. Takuan says:

well, easy for those with only two eyes.