Cockeyed: "I Caught Kevin Heoffer Barbecuing at Costco"

29 Responses to “Cockeyed: "I Caught Kevin Heoffer Barbecuing at Costco"”

1. overunger says:

@9 :
    Uh…..yyyyeah… That’s kinda the whole point of the post. Did you just figure that out all on your own? ….man…

Anyhoo, JAMESNEYSMITH , I think it means that it’s all a sham to relieve you of your hard earned cash money. The guy’s not real and his scheme is a ruse.

@Nelson. C

No, that’s probably still Kevin, but it’s his neice you can see in the background.

3. Jay Acker says:

How embarrassing that he’s wearing the exact same t-shirt both times.

Seriously, can we get the real guy to actually stand up. I want to hear from him what its like to see himself all over the place.

Are you sure that’s not Alan Harper (John Cryer).

5. Mojave says:

Never heard of him. Just another reason I am glad I have nothing to do with FB.

6. Tweeker says:

Kevin is no everywhere girl.

7. Brainspore says:

He’s a model too? That sonofabitch really does lead a charmed life.

8. Dapremonster says:

Kevin has a son and a daughter, not two sons.

9. madsci says:

His pitch makes me want to detail my own success story. How I started turning a profit after only two or three years of work, with no college degree and only ten years of experience, and how I rarely work more than 12 hours a day now and made enough to ditch my old ’99 Honda Accord and pay cash for an ’01 Nissan Pathfinder (after the insurance settlement I got from my Honda being totaled).

(And now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to go file sales tax returns, figure out why my dental plan was canceled, and spend the rest of the day dealing with the fact that half of my suppliers are going out of business due to the recession.)

Still beats working for someone else.

10. Rob Cockerham says:

He has two sons Dapremonster, Josh and Jordan. From his blog at kevinsmoneytree dot org:

“I was really worried about how I would pay the bills and take care of my two kids Josh and Jordan. My wife had quit her job when we had our second son Jordan, so without my income I had no idea how we were going to get by.”

My cousin and his family did some stock photography for a couple hundred bucks…a couple years before he was elected to the state legislature.

12. Art Carnage says:

Wow. BB is *really* behind the curve on this one. The back page of Consumer Reports (the “Selling It” feature) reports these almost every month, and has for many years. Might want to pick up a copy sometime and see what you’ve apparently been missing.

But as NBC used to say about their lame re-runs, “If you haven’t seen it, it’s new to you!”

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Art Carnage,

I’ve noticed that a large percentage of your comments consist of telling us that something is not news. I belief that you are under two misimpressions. One – despite not being late-breaking news, these stories are interesting to many of us. Two – your comments are not.

13. apoxia says:

The New Zealand government suffered a bit of shame recently for using a stock image of a happy smiling (American) family on a published document regarding NZ public housing. The same stock photo turned up on an Australian ad. People thought that a NZ family should have been used. It was pretty obvious it wasn’t a NZ house in the background. We have our own distinctive style.

14. mypalmike says:

The secret is: he made all his money from stock photo royalties.

15. philipb says:

the cockeyed.com site is pretty entertaining, worth the click

Man, I wish I could make million$ while i slept by being a stock photo model. Please, Cockeyed, tell me how!

17. kuanes says:

No way those guys are both Kevin. They’re totally facing opposite directions!

my favorite part is that his “work from home” picture is just the barbeque box picture reversed and cropped..

19. Nelson.C says:

Clearly either one of the sons is a cross-dresser, or Kevin has an identical twin brother who is a model and has a son and a daughter.

20. jamesneysmith says:

“You know what that means, but it’s fun to read Rob’s take on it.”

Call me dumb, but I don’t “know what that means.” Anyone care to help out a simpleton?

21. Dapremonster says:

@Rob

“In fact, when I saw him, his wife and his two sons on this box for a Camp Chef Expedition three griddle range, I laughed and laughed.”

Kevin may have two sons, but you didn’t see them on the box did you? It seems one of his sons has a ladyfriend. Or perhaps Kevin has a daughter that he doesn’t care to mention on his site.

;)

22. jfrancis says:

They’ll just say he’s real, but not photogenic, so they used a stock photo.

23. nosehat says:

the guy who has ads on Facebook and SurftheChannel about “How I Started Making $7,500 a Month Working An Online Part-Time Job from Home”

Am I supposed to have heard of this guy? There seems to be a subculture of people who apparently watch infomercials, click all the ad links they see, and actually read through their spam folder. I am so glad I am not one of those people.

24. knodi says:

Kevin Heoffer’s no big deal, there are thousands of these stock ads all over the place.

The amusing part is if you look for any mention of a city or state, and then view source on that part, it’s usually some javascript to geolocate your own IP and appear to be a neighbor.

25. jphilby says:

#14: “If I could crush the fingers of everyone who tries to get rich by lying to poor people and suckering them out of what little they have, I would.”

If only there were a way to make $7500 a month doing THAT!

he is so cool! glad he found him on the BBQ!

The lack of apostrophes on Kevin’s site are driving me nuts!