Larry King "interviews" Paul Krassner

12 Responses to “Larry King "interviews" Paul Krassner”

1. Kehaar says:

Kressner sounds like he is reading cue cards… poorly.

@11 Phihkus, the Zappa links are great, Frank was a cool dude fo sho.

2. Cildar says:

Mock interviews are only effective if they are at least mildly amusing.

3. radiodork says:

1-Larry’s multiple costume changes are quite impressive.

2-That’s one hell of a neckgina Paul’s sportin’. Borderline vulgar.

4. coaxial says:

Wow. Someone that looks worse than Larry King.

Why does Larry King still have a show?

“Coming up next to discuss the crisis in North Korea, Former President Bill Clinton, and Fran Drescher, and Dr. Phil for the hour.” It’s completely random guests that provide no insight into anything they’re brought on to talk about, and then an occasional current or former world leader.

I guess Larry King was ahead of his time all these years, because that’s all HuffPo is.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Wow. A lot of hating on the old. If they got plastic surgery, you’d rip them a new asshole for it. If they keep the wrinkles, you tell them how awful they look.

5. GammaBlog says:

There was about one minute of funny there, drastic editing is needed. Krassner is best in real conversation where his quick wit shines.

6. Gilgongo says:

Somewhat OT, but the first time I went to the States, I watched a Larry King interview with some US congressman on the TV in my hotel room. I couldn’t for the life of me understand what I was seeing: King’s *demeanour* in the interview seemed all about a journalistic quest for the truth: his body language, gruff tone of voice, even his *clothes* looked hard-nosed. Yet his actual line of questioning was as to a total cream puff.

I’ve since seen other King interviews with politicians and they’re the same – I swear I heard him once ask a “question” like “So do you think the success of this policy is down to your good management of the situation prior to the prop being passed, or good planning?”

7. buddy66 says:

On being old and ugly …

just wait

C’mon commenters … GET REAL!
    St. Paul IS wholier than thou!

9. Darryl says:

Feh. Mike Relm did it more convincingly:

10. Darryl says:

Also, more hilariously.

11. Phikus says:

Frank Zappa on Larry King for real, with a similar theme to Krassner’s book it would seem.

Part 1