Saudi family files lawsuit against cellphone-stealing genie

20 Responses to “Saudi family files lawsuit against cellphone-stealing genie”

Lost my car keypad hunted high and low found zitch, nada, nothing, two years ago lost my wedding ring and Armani watch, its the same Jinn stuck again.

I wish he paid for using my water, gas, electric and especially my effing telephone.

2. The Unusual Suspect says:

Shariah Law strikes again.

And if the family wins, will the court award them damages in the amount of three wishes?

Coolest story of the year?

4. Antinous / Moderator says:

Sounds more like an ifrit to me.

5. Brainspore says:

This story stretches credibility. I mean, why would a genie leave threatening voice mails and then steal their cell phones so they couldn’t even listen to them?

6. Boba Fett Diop says:

I always thought that djinn was the Arabic term for a malevolent spirit. From this it seems that the word actually means “14-year-old boy.”

7. gollux says:

Now if only we can get the djinn to concentrate on stealing sewing machines for their Red Mercury.

Why would they sue? I mean, I’ve never heard of anyone who reportedly lives in a haunted house filing a lawsuit against the ghost/poltergeist. What could they possibly hope to achieve?

9. homais says:

Didn’t a Nebraska state senator once try to sue God?

10. nanuq says:

“What could they possibly hope to achieve?”

A book deal?

perhaps seeking to test 3g coverage throughout the elemental plane of fire?

12. bjacques says:

The genie pleaded self-defense. They were phoning tips in to Dr. Bellows about her master. Plus they tried to steal Basenji the dog. Also.

13. Felton says:

I’ve seen Disney’s Aladdin. Pockets don’t get any deeper than that.

HOMAIS: “Didn’t a Nebraska state senator once try to sue God?”

I stand corrected.

14. johnphantom says:

And these are our second best friends (after Israel) in the Middle East…

Not to mention the regular beheadings and 15 of the 19 9/11 attackers were Saudi…

Mark my words: when we stop buying oil from Saudi Arabia, they will openly hate us, as the one religion of Judaism/Christianity/Islam dictates.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

And these are our second best friends (after Israel) in the Middle East.

And they make foreign policy decisions about the US based on snake-handling cults and pedophile polygamist sects here? What on earth does one crazy family have to do with oil policy?

Twitpic is down.

16. Yamara says:

I think by their reading of the Quran, jinn are a parallel but lesser race of sentient beings created by God.

Many of them are rebellious, but not all of them; it is possible for them to follow Islam, in their way.

And they’re entirely real because the book says so.

…I have no trouble with people who say they have invisible friends. It’s when they start on about having invisible enemies that you need to keep a hard eye on them.

17. jjasper says:

I’ll offer the genie representation in court for 4 wishes, payable upfront.

18. Brainspore says:

Maybe this genie actually owes the family wishes and is trying to trick them into using them up on easy stuff, like “I wish I could find my cell phone!”

19. RainyRat says:

#5 – I see no contradiction.