Comic about Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage

8 Responses to “Comic about Ada Lovelace and Charles Babbage”

1. Lady Nemo says:

I love this comic and have been following it since early on. I only wish there were more of them and more frequent updates.

I knew little about Babbage or Lovelace until someone pointed me to the first comic of this series and I’ve been obsessed with both characters ever since.

When you had the Lovelace Biopic thing earlier I immediately thought of the comic and raced to point out your link there. I’m now glad to return here only to find a link of the comic.

Everyone should read this comic! “And it shall be powered with STEAM!!”

2. yri says:

Awesome, truly awesome.

3. nehpetsE says:

who would have thought Babbage would be such popular topic in comics?

Here is another Babbage comic
    (albeit a single page one)

4. sg says:

Shooting some bankers doesn’t actually seem like such a bad idea.

Shooting all the bankers: maybe even better.

5. Crystaltips says:

Sydney Padua – the writer and artist – is an amazing lady.

#7: forgive a spelling mistake or two – she does this in her spare time! I’m sure she’ll fix it.

6. Akula971 says:

My thoughts exactly SG. Don’t forget the real estate people, lawyers,and politicians. That wall will look like a swiss cheese. Forward to the revolution!!

7. Gilbert Wham says:

This. Is. Fucking. Awesome. Plus, I’m with Babbage on street music – well, bagpipes, anyway. I believe his personal bugbear was the barrel-organ. Me, I’m in favour of airstrikes on all bagpipers. That and enormous, clanking, mechanical computers, natch.

8. johnofjack says:

A “differene” engine, huh? I’ve never heard of one of those.

It nags at me, as a staunch defender of comics, that a couple of the best ones I’ve read have misspellings in them (MLK, Torso). And this one, which I haven’t yet read: two in one panel!