Nina Paley (of "Sita Sings the Blues" fame) writes,"I just released her first animation since Sita Sings the Blues, and it's about copyright! Specifically, that Copying Is Not Theft. This is the first in a series of "Minute Memes" I am producing with nonprofit QuestionCopyright.org. But 'Copying Is Not Theftl isn't finished yet, because the audio is just a scratch track of my unprofessional voice (I'm a professional animator, not a professional singer!). That's where you, Musicians of the Internet, come in. You are invited to arrange and re-record the song, add your name to the credits, and share the results however you like. The high-resolution video file is at archive.org. It's Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike licensed, so you can do anything you want with it except restrict its use. Yes, you can even use it commercially. Go crazy!"
- Nina Paley's Copyright Song - Boing Boing
- Sita Sings the Blues sourcefiles online - Boing Boing
- Nina Paley's wonderful "Sita Sings the Blues" cartoon - Boing Boing
- Acclaimed animated movie can't be shown because of licensing costs ...
- Sita Sings the Blues to air in full on PBS - Boing Boing
- Sita Sings the Blues is finally free! - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.