Google launching "Google Buzz"

15 Responses to “Google launching "Google Buzz"”

1. Steven Stwalley says:

I generally like google products, but I am pretty reluctant to use this one since my gmail account space is already 80% used up, and I depend on Gmail for my email. Until google offers users unlimited space (or at least a whole lot more space than they currently do), this sounds pretty unappealing.

2. arkizzle / Moderator says:

It appeared in my UK gmail just now.

I turned it off with techdeviant’s link immediately.

Now to find a way to easily disable chat (yes I’m signed out, but it occasionally signs in for no reason)..

I kept it on for about 5 minutes and then got rid of it. I found it far too intrusive, and if I want real-time chats, I’ll go to IRC.

4. Opspin says:

spacebarbrokensorry

AmITheOnlyOneWhoLovesThisNewGoogleBuzz?

IPersonallyThinkIt’sTheGreatestThingSinceSlicedBread,I’veAlreadyBuzzedAboutA2For1DealOnSocks.BetterThanFacebookAnyway :)

Ah the trick to getting the space bar to work is to press shift+space, weird!

5. arkizzle / Moderator says:

Buzz?

No worse than iPad, I suppose. But both pretty meh-worthy brands.

I am starting to hate all these different social networking sites. Don’t people know that the internet never forgets? Its like building an online dossier for people who want your info.

7. JonStewartMill says:

It had better be an opt-in service, or I’ll be changing my email provider in a hurry.

• mdh says:

I seem unable to disable it from appearing as part of my gmail experience, even after choosing “no, thank you” at the intrusive prompt. There are no options available to remove it (or chat for that matter).

bravo google, bravo. –golf clap–

8. Patrick Dodds says:

I’m not seeing it on my account from here in the UK – maybe it is a USA thing at the moment.

Why doesn’t Google simply integrate Jaiku into GMail? They DID buy that quite some time ago…

10. noneofyourbusiness says:

So this is the “Facebook” killer app I’ve heard about? Interesting.

11. patrick_bateman says:

Hooray, now Google can track and store not only people’s emails, but also their photos, interests and thoughts. And, as the Onion presciently predicted, my refusal to put my personal information into Google products will actually result in social exclusion as millions of sheeple flock to give their personal information to a private corporation which by definition has its own interests, not theirs, at heart.