Something Awful's Steve and Zack have an excruciating look at the artwork and rules from the original, 1974 version of Dungeons and Dragons, which appears to have been drawn by a hyperactive 12-year-old during an extremely boring math class. I remember seeing these not long after getting my first set of the AD&D hardcovers and thinking that they looked intriguing, if a little thin. I also produced an enormous amount of artwork that looked like this for the dungeons I created.
- Exclusive Gallery: Dungeons and Dragons 4.0's "D&D Insider ...
- Dungeons & Dragons 4.0 Makes Remote Pen-and-Paper Play Easier ...
- Ultimate D&D-playing dungeon. And I do mean "ultimate."
- Flowchart: How D&D is a gateway drug to every flavor of nerdiness ...
- No D&D for US prison inmate serving life
- Election 08 as a Dungeons and Dragons campaign
- Writers describe the positive impact of D&D on their lives
- D&D on multi-touch table