Koukichi Sugihara's "Impossible motion" -- a cunning arrangement of cardboard ramps carefully skewed to create the illusion that balls roll up them -- won top honors at the Meiji Institute for Advanced Study of Mathematical Sciences' Best Visual Illusion of the Year Contest 2010. It has a delightful 3D physicality, being a real object made out of atoms, that makes it especially wonderful.
- Excellent purple dot illusion
- Dancing almond optical illusion
- Horizons, an optical illusion sculpture in New Zealand
- Cool collection of optical illusions
- Twirling dancer optical illusion
- Cognitive scientist on optical illusions and seeing into the ...
- Mr Angry and Mrs Calm optical illusion
- Color tile optical illusion