Nebula Award winners!

13 Responses to “Nebula Award winners!”

1. Rob Knop says:

Wow! A blast from the past. Joe Haldeman’s web page is at least 13 years out of date, referring to “Forever Peace” as in progress. It’s got a very mid-90′s look to it as well.

2. Nancy Jane Moore says:

You forgot Vonda N. McIntyre, who was also given the service award. I’ve personally benefited from Vonda’s work for SFWA over the years, so I know this award is richly deserved. (Since it’s a service award and not a writing one, I’ll avoid my usual gushing fan imitation and just say that, btw, she’s a great writer, too.)

3. MichaelWalsh says:

Joe’s 21st century site: http://home.earthlink.net/~haldeman/

I wish there were someplace to buy Kage Baker’s winning novella. Subterranean Press doesn’t have any more of their limited edition. :(

5. feebeeglee says:

Does anyone know if there is a dead tree version of The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairlyland? I just read the first chapter aloud to the fam and we are hooked.

• Dewi Morgan says:

Dead tree version due out 2011 (see the blog on her site).

However, the end of the online version’s been taken down. No longer the “freely available” book BB hyped earlier.

• Dewi Morgan says:

Edit: I was miffed when I wrote that. 2/3 of the book remain up, it’s really *awesomely* written, and I feel like I’ve just got to read the first of a two-book series for free. I can’t wait until “book two” comes out next year.

Can someone explain the difference between a Novel, a novella, and a novelette? Did they forget the novelina? Or the novelione?

7. foobar says:

Also, Scalzi has been elected president. I hope he tapes bacon to it.

8. wallstreetwalker says:

Wish I was into science fiction lit so I could appreciate these awards fully. The furthest I.ve been into a sic fi book was a few chapters into Heinleins ,Stranger in a Strange Land, and a tiny bit of PK Dick. Oh, and the Warren Commision report : )

9. materkb says:

The Women of Nell Gwynne is actually available in lots of libraries (Kage was very popular with librarians). Also, it is about to be reprinted by Subterranean, along with a new short story (“The Bohemian Astrobleme”) in a volume entitled Nell Gwynne’s Scarlet Spy.

I’m 3/4 through the Windup Girl. The mirroring of the future story with modern day events in Thailand is spine chilling.

I’m going to have to struggle through it while reading the real-life blogs and non-syndicate news feeds as it feels very real now, even with the fictional gritty storyline.