With help from his friend Jake Keen -- an expert on ancient metal-making techniques -- the author dug up 81kg of ore and smelted it in the grounds of his house, using a makeshift kiln built from clay and hay and fuelled with damp sheep manure...Terry Pratchett creates a sword with meteorites (Thanks, Eric!)
He said: "It annoys me that knights aren't allowed to carry their swords. That would be knife crime."
- Pratchett's Discworld: a reading-order guide
- Match it For Pratchett! Raising £500000 for Alzheimer's research ...
- Terry Pratchett: Doctor Who isn't science fiction
- Terry Pratchett has rare, early-onset Alzheimer's
- Terry Pratchett's "Making Money" -- economic comedy
- Terry Pratchett gets a knighthood
- Terry Pratchett fan-afghan -- the Pratchgan
- Pratchett donates $1 million to Alzheimer's research
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.