Wooden Ferrari engine

11 Responses to “Wooden Ferrari engine”

1. technogeek says:

Frankly, I’d rather have one of these than a Ferrari. This is nice sculpture. A Ferrari meets almost none of my criteria for being an interesting vehicle.

There are other sculptures I’d rather have, but this is pretty, well done, and in its way is a nice backhanded comment on the sports-car cult.

2. CastanhasDoPara says:

That is simply awesome. Made my morning, thanks.

3. Bade says:

What’s ‘e want? Tell ‘im ‘e’s dreamin’!

For non-Aussies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dik_wnOE4dk

I can’t help but be reminded of this:

Good work, though. Best full size wooden Ferrari engine replica I’ve seen.

5. nixiebunny says:

At least it costs less than a real Ferrari engine.

What do you suppose possessed someone to carve this thing?

6. gwailo_joe says:

May I hazard a guess as to who may have carved this? I’m figuring Thai: I have seen some pretty detailed wooden bikes for sale there in tourist markets (nothing close to this in magnitude, of course). . .but the skill is there. Hell, due to geography I’m betting 100% on South East Asia: who else would have the patience?

Six Webber twin-choke carburetors.

Legend goes that you have to be of Italian decent to tune one of these.

8. barrie says:

For me, the beauty in an engine is in its potential to provide life to machinery. This thing only has the potential to light up a bonfire for a couple of hours. What a complete and utter waste of forest hardwoods.

• IPFREELY says:

The piece of art which this hardwood now is can provide much more than function. It is a form to contemplate on and respect. I’m sure it was an adventure to make, but the journey of it so far has probably put a few smiles on academics, car fans and artists. Art is never a waste.

9. Elliott says:

You wooden get very far with this in your car!