Machine of Death Amazon campaign infuriates Glenn Beck

18 Responses to “Machine of Death Amazon campaign infuriates Glenn Beck”

1. Gutierrez says:

You should send that poor man his own copy with a signed apology in it. Possibly snarky.

2. OldRipbeak says:

I’m sure Glenn will forgive you for this unfortunate and innocent choice of date. I seem to recall him making a similar faux pas recently.

Oh wow. Beck trying to put a political spin on his book being beaten by one written by webcomic artists is probably the funniest thing I’ve seen this month.

4. hassenpfeffer says:

I am *so* glad I caved to mutant peer pressure and bought this on The Day. Anything that raises Glenny’s BP makes my world just a bit brighter.

5. wygit says:

Glenn Beck is complaining about something ELSE being “an escape into the past”?

His whole shtick is how we all need to get back to 50′s America.

6. The Thompson Five says:

Had I know this was possible I would have bought it solely to piss off Beck.

7. Alan says:

I surprised no one has said it yet:

Christ, what an asshole.

8. wygit says:

I am so PROUD to have been part of this.

9. Gunn says:

I was out of the loop, but I am happy to celebrate the culture of death a day late. WTG, David Malki!

10. EH says:

Glenn Beck didn’t get mad that his book wasn’t #1, that’s just a MacGuffin. He’s actually mad because his listeners weren’t loyal enough to buy more copies.

First Glenn Beck was all “AMERICA NEEDS MORE BUSINESS AND ALL BUT OBAMA’S TRYIN TO STOP US”
    Then he was all “I HATE IT WHEN SMALL INDEPENDENT BUSINESS/CREATIVE VENTURES ARE PROFITABLE”.

“Liberal culture of death”? I didn’t know the left were the ones worshipping guns and calling out “nuke _____!” (fill in the blank with the enemy of the day.

Now when it comes to Glenn Beck I *could* be persuaded to join a culture of death, for one day for one person. Naaah, just let him go down the cultural waste pipe.

13. redsquares says:

Hey, Beck has to survive some how. It’s a tough economy, and like his disenfranchised fans, he’s going to have to do some cutting back now. I was going to make an expensive food joke, but everything I write sounds ‘too foreign’… less Outback?

Maybe we’ll hear in April how this ‘blessing in disguise’ kept him just under the next tax bracket.

14. AirPillo says:

Hah! Glenn Beck whining about the effects of capitalism. That’s a good one!

15. franko says:

that’s so awesome i can’t stand it. congratulations! mr. malki, you should frame his rant and hang it in your office. SO DELICIOUS. and the linked post is great. hmmm, so who REALLY profits off this “culture of death”???

16. Chuck says:

How about a proposal for another anthology?

Glenn Beck’s Dystopias

…or maybe…

Glenn Beck’s Post-Apocalyptic America

I vote we all buy a second copy of “Machine of Death” whenever Beck’s next book comes out, too.

18. foxtails says:

…went to #1 in books for over 24 hours on Tuesday…

Tuesday was a long day for me, too.