Bonkers geodesic futuristic homes of Idaho Falls

15 Responses to “Bonkers geodesic futuristic homes of Idaho Falls”

1. Pantograph says:

I wonder, if the first were a three sided pyramid (a tetrahedron), would it count as a geodesic home?

Never thought I’d see something from my hometown posted up here.

Honestly, Jesse Walker from NewCityMovement.com, I am reeling from the shock that these are in Ammon and I have never seen them. How is that possible? As a dome-insider, I hang my head in shame. I’m sure worthier siblings would know the back story to these. Meanwhile, I am wild about the pyramid. –RSouth, SLC

4. The Tim says:

I love Geodesic dome houses. The one pictured in this post is not one, but four of the six at the linked post are.

• Astragali says:

Neither the title of this article, nor the one to which this article links, refers to geodesic domes. After some investigation, geodesic pyramids do exist – an excellent example of one can be seen on the Wikipedia page for Magnets (and contains the words “geodesic pyramid” in its caption):

From the diagram on that page, it can be seen that the vertices of each triangle lie flat against the plane of the overall triangle, rather than sticking out in the manner of a geodesic dome.

Therefore, I would politely contend that the pyramid home may well be geodesic – we simply cannot see the internal structure for empirical proof.

5. scifijazznik says:

The Tim beat me to it.

6. EH says:

“Gentlemen Broncos,” anybody?

7. Teller says:

But this one kept all the razor blades sharp in case they ever wanted to shave.

Maybe someday they can have a showing of “Twin Falls Idaho,” the film about some twins in Twin Falls Idaho, directed by the Polish twins, there in the house near Idaho Falls where the twin piano prodigies lived. That would be nice.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure what to label them but they all seemed geo’metric’ to me, I guess.

10. Fiddy says:

EH beat me to the Broncos joke. How far is the Yeast factory from that house?

Where are Ra’s Death Gliders?