TSA looks at Adam Savage's junk, misses his two 12" razor blades

15 Responses to “TSA looks at Adam Savage's junk, misses his two 12" razor blades”

Clearly the reason the TSA has gotten a lot of bad publicity lately is not because a white male complained. If that were true, this would have exploded in May, when this video was put online.

• catgrin says:

Nah, see, there’s no video here. Without video, the TSA could claim it never really happened, and that this is just an anecdote Savage made up to go along with something he had in his checked luggage. What people have been saying – and this I can get behind – is this, “it finally happened to a white, middle class dude on camera.”

What kills me is that a couple years ago a h.s. student here in CA was yanked from school thanks to another student noticing a box cutter in a work pants (she’d covered a morning shift, and had no time to go home and change), but the TSA can’t find something twice that long while looking for it!

2. vamidus says:

I may have found the item (or at least one that fits the mentioned specifications) here:

Formidable, from the looks of it. TSA must have took it for a fold/crease in Adam’s jacket.

3. Major Variola (ret) says:

New Meme: Don’t tase my junk, bro

Reminds me of a friend who flew chicago to dallas with live rounds in his carry on. Didn’t notice it until he unpacked his gym bag which he also uses for work as a police officer.

5. CTrotz says:

So you do a full-body scan, look at Adam’s junk but you don’t find FOOT-LONG RAZOR BLADES! WTF, TSA!

The most incredible thing in this video is that Adam Savage is WEARING A SUIT!

7. doggo says:

Wow. The audience is a might giddy.

Actually, in Israel, where they used to have dozens of terror attacks per year, you sometimes get searched to buy a happy meal. and metal detectors at the entrance to the mall or a train station. oh, but guess what they DON’T have in their airports… (hint: expensive and useless)

9. bobledrew says:

Um, the blades were 12″ long. They’re not calibrated for junk of that size.

• Trent Hawkins says:

so what you’re saying is that terrorists should start bringing swords.

• Anonymous says:

Um… 12″ is a foot. That would be like trying to carry on a blade the size of a foot-long Subway Sandwich ™. More than enough for someone to perform there own rendition of Sweeney Todd mid flight.

It is good to see that Adam Savage is a law and order type of guy.

11. johnphantom says:

I do not have any fear of being a victim of terrorism although it is a bit of a concern of mine, but do you guys/gals think the terrorists are going to decide to go after easier, more vulnerable targets than airplanes?

I know other people have complained about other rights that are being violated other than the TSA groping, but where will this stop? I know this is ridiculous, but are we going to have to be searched to buy a Happy Meal?

• mindysan33 says:

I suppose it’s possible… Who knows. What did Laurie Anderson say that Don Delilo said in a book (on her album, The Ugly One with the Jewels). I think it’s in the song/spokenword bit “the Cultural Ambassador” — they are the only artists left, as they are the only ones capable of still surprising people. The song also talks about her going through airport security during the Gulf war (the first one)… It’s worth a listen.

But I said it before, I’ll say it again, change our foreign policy and much of this goes away, I think. People like Shazad would have not become radicalized had we not been drone bombing northern Pakistan. Certainly, he’s not the only one who felt compelled to act due to our foreign policies.

Rights taken away will not come back easy, though. We need to keep that in mind before we go any further down this road. I hope it’s not too late already.