8 Great Ways to Spend A Year

10 Responses to “8 Great Ways to Spend A Year”

1. sbarnes2 says:

Awh man, I was hoping for places to live or projects to do, like teaching English to foreigners. Any one have a good experience with anything like that?

• floraldeoderant says:

Sure. But I went to the foreigners… In Korealand now. Tis a sweet gig.

But, I have a feeling that’s not what you’re asking about >_<

2. hackedbychinese says:

I think I’m probably missing the spirit of this article, but it still requires year-long dedication.

When you really dislike someone and want to unequivocally express to them how miserable they make you, try my patented (not really) “365 Days of Battlefield Earth”. It’s easy: simply procure or pirate 365 copies of the Battlefield Earth DVD, and mail to (or drop into the mail box of) your victim. They will be begging for mercy in weeks.

Haiku a day!

4. Tgg161 says:

I followed the original skull project, and and found it very inspirational — but I haven’t built up the nerve yet to start my own project, mostly because I’m not confident in my own art/crafting abilities. But I still may kick it off on January 1. We’ll see!

5. JamesMason says:

I didn’t really understand what was meant by napkin moustache, and now that I’ve seen the pictures, I am still not entirely clear what is going on. Does the moustache stay on the whole lunch? How? Or just for a picture? (my suspicion). Besides BB, who is the intended audience for Napkin Moustache? Is there a charity associated with it? Do I have to read the whole backstory on this guy to learn why Napkin Moustache is supposed to be funny or interesting or whatever? Most importantly, now that it’s been in BB, the guy will have to carry on with Napkin Moustache far longer than he would have had he remained moderately anonymous. Before BB, I would have given him two months, tops. Now he will have to go longer I suppose. I will be absolutely stunned if we return in a year and find that he made it.

6. CCinBmore says:

Noah,

It’s been a long time since OHS. I was excited to first read about your work here on BoingBoing. I dropped in to see the Skull-A-Day exhibit when I was last in Richmond but didn’t manage to run into you – damn shame. Now I see you get guest commenter status on the best blog on the tubes. Double good on ya.

Chris

For JamesMason:

Only two months! Dang! I was hoping for better odds….

This kind of inspiration to live a good life is the reason I read Boingboing. Keep up the good work <3

9. kitchendon says:

These sorts of thing-a-day projects have always intrigued me, so I’m glad to know about the 365 blog. I’ll be watching there for inspiration.

I’m on day 18 of my own video-a-day project called Brain Blinks. I’m having a great time with it so far. A bit of a liberating experience, actually – even at this early stage. It’s nice not to worry so much about whether or not something is ‘good’ and just enjoy the creative process. I’m also hoping that the daily exercise will give me a bit more creative stamina. (^_^)