The legislator said bank officials carefully studied households in the township before starting the branch. "All houses here have no doors. We are following a more or less similar practice. Our branch has doors, but they will never be locked. Adequate precautions are being taken for the safety of lockers and important documents," he said, adding that in months to come, the branch is planning to start an ATM near the temple.God as guard: Bank opens 'lockless' branch (via Derren Brown)
Gadakh explained that, by and large, it is believed that because of Lord Shani's power, the village has not witnessed a single theft or robbery in the recent past. "People here fear that if there is a theft or robbery, then the culprit and their family have to bear the wrath of Lord Shani," he said.
(Image: Shani.jpg, Pierre Sonnerat/Wikimedia Commons)
- Wikileaks: Cables show India accused of widespread, systematic ...
- India's copyright bill gets it right - Boing Boing
- Medical illustration from 19th century India - Boing Boing
- India: Holy Hobos (photo gallery) - Boing Boing
- Pyramids placed at intersections in India to prevent accidents ...
- India's superhighway - Boing Boing
- Gangs of women in rural India fight abuse with bamboo sticks ...
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.