Another gem from Letters of Note: Hunter S Thompson gets mad at artist/collaborator Ralph Steadman for sending cartoons of Thompson to Jann Wenner at Rolling Stone. Steadman replies: "Don't get pompous with me. I am not one of your goddamn sycophants."
Full size scans and plaintext transcripts at site. Don't get pompous with me
- Letters of Note -- blog of written correspondence from well-known people
- Letter to rocket scientists from kid, 1957: "You put in other details"
- Cops break into wrong house, leave note in magnetic fridge letters
- Letter from Mark Twain to a snake oil peddler: "You, sir, are the scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link"
- Campbell's Soup Exec Writes to Andy Warhol
- Oil company owner's aggressive memos from late 1970s
- 17-year-old Tim Burton's rejection from Walt Disney Productions
- Arthur C. Clarke predicted satellite TV and GPS in the 40s and 50s