BRC Designs's "Binary Low Table" is made out of computer junk; it's a lovely piece of furniture, but it looks like it'd be prone to snagging and tearing clothes and exposed skin (and it'd be a major pain to dust!).
Inspired by pallets of obsolete computers and electronics that were collecting dust in a local warehouse. The table structure is made from the metal from computer towers that are riveted together and bent to the proper form. The surface is completely covered with a collage of motherboards, computer chips, led screens and hard drive disks held in place by sheet metal screws. The glass from the table was salvaged from an abandoned warehouse.Binary Low Table (via Core77)
- Coffee table made from old computer parts - Boing Boing
- Coffee table looks like a Venn diagram - Boing Boing
- Coffee table/magazine stand - Boing Boing
- The Periodic Coffee Table - Boing Boing
- Vintage Ram's Head Coffee Table - Boing Boing
- Abu Ghraib coffee table - Boing Boing
- Plasticized fabric-draped coffee table - Boing Boing
I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.