Police medic wields magic wellness stick

34 Responses to “Police medic wields magic wellness stick”

1. Mister44 says:

To be fair – medicine is so much more socialized over there. Perhaps there simply were not enough patients for medics to attend to. If year end reports show that there are too many medics for too few patients they stand to lose funding and have to lay off medics.

So this is a win-win situation. If he goes out there and wallops a few people, he gets to practice and secure his profession, and the people get free medical care and possibly a cool scar that you could use to impress chicks.

The steely irony of that brass copper is simply golden.

3. angusm says:

Photographer Max Reeves took a picture of what is presumably the same gentleman from a different angle. The expressions are priceless.

• bklynchris says:

oooh, that was AMAZING! That was an amazing WHU?!TF look from the colleague on his immediate right.

here’s a video of the german police medic at gorleben anti nuclear waste protests mentioned in another anonymous comment (#6).

.~.

>implying this macro hasn’t been around for years

6. Stooge says:

Mark, that’s the second time I’ve seen that photo used in one of your posts without attribution. In both cases the fault lies with others, but a little link love to the original by amjamjazz wouldn’t go amiss.

7. bobk says:

It seems like a conflict of interest to me and should not be allowed. To make an absurd comparison, that would be like starting a pre-emptive war to preserve peace, or a Nobel Peace Prize winner starting a war, or…oh, never mind.

Looks like a make work project.

9. The Mudshark says:

The Terminator: I have detailed files on human anatomy.

Sarah Connor: I’ll bet. Makes you a more efficient killer, right?

The Terminator: Correct.

10. smagdali says:

A quiet, forgetful day at Frauenfelder towers?

or perhaps you’ve been getting some good old British police treatment yourself

11. hassenpfeffer says:

Staff of Healing with +5 damage? :-(

12. phisrow says:

Hey there, subjects! If I were here for your health and welfare I’d be wearing a “protester medic” sign…

13. oodja says:

Duh, everyone knows that clerics can’t use edged weapons in combat.

14. Strabo says:

I guess now would be a good time to remind everyone to read Robert Altemeyer’s The Authoritarians.

15. endotoxin says:

“Don’t worry, it’s a medical grade truncheon. Sterile violence.” — Spider Jerusalem

16. Glenn Fleishman says:

No, no, he’s a police medic, not a hoi polloi medic. The rest of you can bloody well faff off.

17. Brainspore says:

This am how medic do job in Bizarro World.

He only treats coppers. Protesters will get the baton and like it!

19. Avram / Moderator says:

He’s the cleric in the back rank, tapping front-rank fighter with his Rod of Resurrection as they run out of hit points.

(My spellcheck suggested “Insurrection” as a typo-fix when I misspelled “Resurrection”. A “Rod of Insurrection” would be handy in China Miéville’s New Crobuzon.)

• querent says:

Not to call you out, but I bet you smoke the herb. Seem like the stoned abstract thinker type. Not that I’d know.

Also, +1 for the D&D references, -1 for the Hippocratic oath.

• Anonymous says:

Well, it would help explain why they confiscated those LARP weapons in Toronto.

Erectile dysfunction is an alarming condition

21. simonbarsinister says:

Please people, have some faith in a medical professional. If you look closely and project the arc of his bludgeon you will see that it is intended to land squarely on the hat of the cop in front of him who is intent on doing harm to some fallen citizen below him.
    Thus he is planning on *saving* someone from harm with a well placed blow to a nerve point intended on quickly rendering the out of control cop unconscious.

22. el_gallo says:

I feel a little guilty for chuckling at that.

Medic: “When I run out of bandages, I like to whip out Old Thumpy here. It’s real satisfying. Here, feel the weight.”

24. EH says:

The beatings will continue until health improves.

25. Blackbird says:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: “Police Medic, the ultimate make work project”.

26. tobergill says:

Man, I hope this wasn’t at the Royal Wedding……

• Blackbird says:

It’s been floating around for a while. Came up shortly after the Ian Tomlinson incident if I remember correctly.