Lovely packaging for maple-bacon ice-cream

14 Responses to “Lovely packaging for maple-bacon ice-cream”

Why are people still on this bacon thing anyway? What is this, 2005?

2. muteboy says:

The maple kind, yeah?

3. superphoebe says:

Y’all need to credit the designer- awesome Portlandian Art Director Jen Wick! http://www.jendavisonwick.com/

I’m sure its quite good. The maple-bacon sundaee at Denny’s is wonderful, so I am sure this is too. The saltiness of the bacon, the sweetness of the maple and ice cream really go well together.

5. OrcOnTheEndOfMyFork says:

Canada’s answer to Baconnaise.

6. pAULbOWEN says:

Bacon ice cream “delicious-sounding”? Really? Not from here it isn’t.

• Pirate Jenny says:

It’s actually maple ice cream with chunks of bacon in it. I’ve always enjoyed dabbling bacon in pancake syrup, so this is a natural to me.

Anon #1: Yes, the bacon maple bar is my favorite! I don’t think I’d eat these two at the same time without paramedics standing by, though :)

It was definitely the packaging that caught my eye first; the shape really stands out among all the round pint cartons. Then I saw this flavor and had to have it. Total impulse buy. Well done, Fifty Licks!

Maple bacon plays a leading role in a video of a conversation between a guy and his dog, last seen at rachellucas.com

funniest thing I’ve seen all year.

The perfect companion to the Voodoo Donuts Bacon Maple Bar!

9. nixiebunny says:

Put a bird on it, to make it even better!

Lake Street Creamery, an LA food truck, has some great design to go with their amazing flavors, including Pancake Breakfast (which is a pancake with maple syrup flavored ice cream with bacon bits and the genius addition of ground coffee on top).

11. sweetcraspy says:

It really is delicious. The flavor is familiar to anyone who has had syrupy pancakes with a side of bacon. The ice cream gives a wonderful base flavor that the maple-bacon combo can shine through and then fade back into. Wonderful!

12. Pirate Jenny says:

There’s one of those in my freezer right now! At home. Where I am not. DANG. (It is, indeed, delicious)

13. redesigned says:

this post just achieved what all the idiots in the previous thread could not. i changed my mind, there is a god. :-)