From bOING bOING Issue 1: Robert Anton Wilson interview

10 Responses to “From bOING bOING Issue 1: Robert Anton Wilson interview”

1. Rob Knop says:

Is imagination a standardized file format?

It’s certainly non-proprietary. It’s also available to all regardless of their choice of platform.

2. RebNachum says:

Mark speaks for many of us when he talks about RAW’s influence. At the risk of shamelessly plugging, I’d like to offer further proof of RAW’s kindness to budding mutants — he let me interview him in 199x for the world’s most obscure publication (but declined to share any recipes). The transcribed half-page in question is at http://metaphorager.net/raw/.

• David Pescovitz says:

Thanks for sharing that, RebNachum! And Far Corner is such a great name for a mutant ‘zine.

3. Rob Knop says:

…well, OK. I said that imagination is non-proprietary. That is, unless you have an idea that somebody else had before and got a patent on. Then, you’re in deep trouble.

4. Gulliver says:

Boing Boing, please don’t be a tool of Microsoft!

Yes, Boing Boing, please be a tool of Mac instead.

Just kidding.

Be a tool of Linux.

That one I’m not kidding about. Seriously.

5. enkiv2 says:

Rehosted on scribd: http://www.scribd.com/doc/56288741/bbHistoryOfTheFuture2011
    Grab and rehost the pdf asap. Scribd has an itchy dmca finger. (They took down my copy of Society of the Spectacle fed through disassociated press, once, claiming that they had received a takedown notice for it)

6. Urban Garlic says:

FYI, it is not necessary to run any Microsoft software at all to view this content — I just went to the site in my Chrome browser on Ubuntu, and could view the content without difficulty. There’s a “download” link which works, and the resulting saved .docx file opens up just fine in LibreOffice.

7. nixiebunny says:

I need to use a shiny new Microsoft app to view this?

No thanks, I’ll use my imagination instead.

My high school kid complains that he needs a computer with Windows 7 and Office 2011 to do his school assignments, as they are teaching the features of those products. Sheesh! Have they no shame?

8. Rob Beschizza says:

Is imagination a standardized file format?

• nixiebunny says:

Imagination takes many fewer megabytes of proprietary software to use, that’s for sure.

I feel like you’re dangling a carrot in front of us to get us to download the latest Microsoft attempt at controlling the content of the world.

Boing Boing, please don’t be a tool of Microsoft!