23 Responses to “Photo of a man in a car in a subway train”

1. RobDobbs says:

The wheels are too small. maybe it’s a fan-built Super-Deformed Smart Car? That’s be cool.

2. Tom Pappalardo says:

It’s like the Top Gear elevator ride!

3. Pasketti says:

I am reminded of the Top Gear episode where Jeremy Clarkson drove a Peel P50 into and around a BBC office.

4. Brainspore says:

Hey, beats sitting in traffic.

5. Susan Bigler says:

I’m just imagining trying to maneuver that thing through the New York City subways…nope, no way.

• Felton / Moderator says:

It didn’t have to.  The subway train is actually sitting in a cargo ship.

• Brainspore says:

The subway train is actually sitting in a cargo ship.

Also, the driver crammed a small bicycle into the car. And he’s wearing roller skates. It’s a veritable transit turducken.

6. rifleman says:

It’s an Obama Car! Seats one, runs on solar for 15 minutes and then dies!

7. Svein Ola Egseth says:

From Oslo, Norway. Next station is Majorstuen.

8. mappo says:

Multimodal transportation.

9. DewiMorgan says:

Based on wheel size, I’d say this is probably an electric wheelchair with a top, rather than a car.

Which is good: exhaust fumes in a poorly ventilated train might be bad, though I guess so would lots of people breathing, so maybe it wouldn’t be an issue.

10. joeposts says:

Kenguru car is pretty neat. Modifying regular vehicles for wheelchair access can be very expensive and vehicles like that could work for most manual wheelchair users. If the guy in the photo can’t use his legs, I’m okay with him driving around the subway. He can even run over my foot. But if he can walk, and is just driving out of sheer laziness, well, that’s just slothful. And that’s a sin!

I’ve always hoped small vehicles would become popular. Who wouldn’t want to live in a city full of Peel P50s? Bikes, scooters and motorcycles are great but there should be more tiny cars, man.

11. ADGTH 1 says:

Yo dawg, I heard you like transportation! So we put transportation in transportation so you can ride while you ride!

12. Reminds me of the Palanquin’s from Al Reynolds “Revelation Space” books.

13. Ephraim Dickstein says:

Definitely Oslo.

14. digi_owl says:

Hard to tell the age of the person from the photo, but i am guessing it is a 3 wheeler that elderly people may be provided. First time i have seen such a vehicle with a roof tho.

15. A kenguru.. isnt that a south african marsupial ?

16. lecti says:

Christ, what an asshole!

17. So this is a man in a car in a car of a subway train.