Hostess junk food with Optimus Prime color scheme

23 Responses to “Hostess junk food with Optimus Prime color scheme”

1. Cicada Mania says:

The pink Snowballs look like urinal cakes to me. (Hopefully there is a pink Autobot, otherwise I’ve gone off on tangent).

• Bobsyeruncle says:

Nah, they look like urinal cakes with bloody turd centers.  I’d give it a try.  I REALLY like sugar. And more for me, eh? :DI’d probably be more impressed if they actually TRANSFORMED into something, like say something from one of the four food groups.  But, I’d still give ‘em a try.

2. Robert Menes says:

UGGGGH… I think I just lost my appetite looking at that damn thing!

3. Takashi Omoto says:

Is it just me or is the Twinkies box featuring Bumblebee mysteriously uncomfortable:

4. kuskus says:

This is the most beautiful and nonobjective food item I have ever seen, and I will go out of my way to acquire it and juxtapose it within the otherwise whole and organic menu for this week.

5. Kids these days with their blue Optimus Prime. In my day, he was red and boxy and we liked it!

6. royaltrux says:

I coined the term  “factory turd” in response to the first snowball that I consumed as a young adult.

7. Happler says:

Optimus Prime has blue balls?

8. Eark_the_Bunny says:

Oh, no!  Not # 2 red dye!  CHOKE, CHOKE!

• GlenBlank says:

No, not FD&C Red # 2 dye.  Here in the US, the FDA banned that from food use back in 1976.

(None of the FDA-permitted red food colors are anywhere near as toxic as genuine Cadmium Red, though it’s possible that Mark’s paint uses one of the safer synthetic azo dyes – maybe even the same one used as food coloring.)

9. Lobster says:

I bet if you stomped on one of these things it would look just like if you’d stomped on Sonic the Hedgehog.

10. CastanhasDoPara says:

That’s disgusting… using something kids love to advertise that horrible abomination of a movie.

11. Deidzoeb says:

Not quite as annoying as Shrek Stroganoff Hamburger Helper (not making this up), or banana Twinkies with a scarred and injured King Kong on the packaging. Setting aside the nasty pun int he word “stroganoff”, I’m surprised that either of those food products wanted to be associated with characters who were injured or who brushed their teeth with worm guts.

12. Djinn PAWN says:

Snoballimuses look like old school cyclons.

And thanks BB – every since I saw this article I can’t stop saying Snoballimus out loud. That one word is much more fun than the product or the movie.

13. Editz says:

I like how they don’t call it cream filling, but “creamy” filling, so Lord knows what you’re getting.

14. I don’t usually like Snoballs, but I’d try one of these. Love the colors! USA! USA!

15. Gulliver says:

At any point does it transform into actual food?

16. pjcamp says:

That’s what they look like when you stop using food coloring.

Stocking these on the shelves at Whole Foods would be the world’s greatest prank of the week.

• not a doktor says:

I know people (who’d baze up before shopping) that’d stumble over, declare this/these to be the worst abonomation EVAR, and put a box in their cart with out thinking.

17. Philip Hades says:

Guess he’s been hanging with Dante’s girlfriend down at the Quick Stop.

18. sour60 says:

So they’re basically sugary Truck Nutz for kids…yuck.