Elderly couple of 62 years plays piano

22 Responses to “Elderly couple of 62 years plays piano”

1. Malic says:

Things like this help one remember that there ARE good things in this world; it’s a nice place after all!

2. joeposts says:

Aw, that brought tears to my eyes.

3. Marktech says:

Just, wow.  Wonderful. And they think they need a checkup?

4. CH says:

Aww, what a sweet couple!!! I dare anybody to watch that without smiling, I dare you!

5. garyg2 says:

Just lovely.

Maybe Boingboings new official unicorn chaser.

6. Drew Sidener says:

Adorable. Way better than any kitty video.

7. Sean Mangan says:

Smiling with my whole body. Thanks for the warmth boingboing, and mystery couple.

8. CliffStoll says:

Wonderful!  Bringing a smile to my Saturday.

9. xkot says:

I hope I can still play the piano like that when I’m 90! Of course, I have to learn to play the piano first.

Lovely video.

10. voiceinthedistance says:

Thanks.  I needed that.

11. heatherc says:

I want to be like that when I’m 90.

12. jennix says:

… some folks have all the luck.

13. CygnusXII says:

Absolutely awesome. Beautiful entertainment from the days of yore; when Dinner Party Guest helped provide the entertainment, and make the Party interactive, and fun and invigorating and stimulating. Sometimes I think progress is over rated, and some things are being lost in the shuffle, and some of the things are gems like this. I can remember going to parties with my folks in the late 60′s and early 70′s and everyone brought their Guitars and whatnot and most of the night was spent drinking and jamming to the old standby favorites

14. Mister44 says:

Heeeeyyyyy – I  know that piano. I spend a week at the Mayo Clinic. Great place! Cleveland Clinic as well!

15. KeDeUs says:

that really made my day

16. Chris Overbeek says:

I love the interaction when they switch places — it takes this from merely cute to really adorable. Happy people doing happy things make me happy. :)

17. Soliloquy says:

“Frances has an extensive cowbell collection and solicited help from the
    audience to play along and everywhere you looked, [there] were smiles.”

That is awesome.

18. Guest says:

I whooped with laughter!  That was delightful!

I bowl on Thursday afternoons as a sub on the Seniors league.  The oldest member there is 92.  They have all the physical problems associated with having been on the planet for a very long time.  Many have been bowling longer than I’ve been alive (and I’m 54).  Their deliveries of the ball at the foul line vary from gimpy to smooth and silent, fast and achingly slow, left, right or up the middle.  Most of the men are still scoring in the 200′s.  And the women bowlers? – those wonderful old gals are ‘Queens of the Spares’.  Yeah, they got one foot in the grave, but with the other they’re dancin’as fast as they can and having a great time.  Oh yeah, I’m taking notes.  I so look forward to Thursday afternoons.

19. randomreviewer says:

I’m fortunate to see an encore performance while attending Mayo’s Social Media Health Care Summit in Rochester in two weeks.  Looking forward to it!!

20. Sean Mangan says:

(this was in reply to a post that insinuated that boingboing should only focus on this kind of post and not posts like occupywallst – or a bad attempt at sarcasm for the reverse)

Actually, they’re both meaningful.

There’s no reason to fight for a better world if things like this don’t exist in the world you’re fighting for.

(funny how replies aren’t deleted with the post that gets removed – or otherwise noted)