Help crowdfund scientific research!

9 Responses to “Help crowdfund scientific research!”

1. Guest says:

Being a UMass alumni, I have to say the campus ducks must have a LOT of sex. There are an abundance.

2. Aditya Rao says:

“Not interested in duck sex? You’re a rarity on the Internet” FTW! :D

3. Jamie Sue says:

I just took a tour through some of the projects.  The Smart Delivery project for Tanzania is interesting.

4. jebyrnes says:

(Hi!  #SciFund cofounder here!  Excited to see this posted!) I’ll let you in on the secret #SciFund Agenda – better links between scientists and society – particularly for academic scientists!  We’ve got a project blog at http://scifund.wordpress.com where participants are posting about what it means to participate in this project for them and for the future of science.    Hope you guys enjoy – the videos in particular are just a wonderful collection of passionate scientists communicating about their work!

5. show me says:

Actually, Maggie, if it runs from Nov 1 to Dec 15 it is a month and a half, not two months, so YOU ARE WRONG. ;)

6. Ted Stevko says:

Does this remind anyone else of Bruce Sterling’s Distraction: specifically the concept of science as a popular and/or group supported endeavor?

7. Kevin Fomalont says:

Hello all. Please check out my project, “Depression – An Illness of the Whole Body.” I am preparing to collaborate with a researcher in Russia and need funds for equipment. There are also cool photos on my website. Thanks! http://rockethub.com/projects/3799-depression-an-illness-of-the-whole-body

- Kevin Fomalont

8. And while a $75 donation would be great for our project, you can earn the passcode to follow along as we build and test our duck oviduct models for the price of a coffee and muffin ($5).