News of the World had victims' lawyers followed

12 Responses to “News of the World had victims' lawyers followed”

1. With each succeeding news item that comes out about this situation, reality comes closer to imitating parody. I’m referring to Elliott Carver (portrayed by Jonathan Pryce) in Tomorrow Never Dies, one of the weakest Bond villains ever.

2. EH says:

Well of course they did. They’re criminals, you know.

3. JonS says:

Apparently Rebekah Brooks got a severance package of UKP 1.7M plus a car plus a chaffeur plus an office.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15620160 (I'm not too sure why the BBC hacve that story classified as ‘entertainment’)

Not bad, really, considering she destroyed the company.

In other news: disqus totally bites. Amongst other things, why is it that I seem to comment without logging in? That, along with other changes, means Boingboing is rapidly becoming unusable for me. This modest comment took about 3 minutes to compose, then 20 minutes to get posted :(

• ocker3 says:

The photo of Murdoch and Brooks that accompanyed the Australia story about her payout just Screamed “we’re sleeping together.”

• Antinous / Moderator says:

So you’re arguing that they’ve already suffered enough?

4. citizen says:

A stalker, me? Preposterous! I just carry out surveillance.

5. MrEricSir says:

If nothing else, Murdoch deserves a kick in the crotch.

6. phisrow says:

I’m told that NotW gave their goons specific orders to the effect that photographic evidence of a puppy being kicked had to be submitted with every invoice in order to receive payment; a policy adopted as being a economical approach to cartoonish levels of evil.

7. drukqs says:

I’d love to see Fox news try and defend or legitimize this behaviour.

8. show me says:

Allegations started hurting? What does that mean?

9. Daniel says:

Wow, stay classy NotW.

@boingboing-d2f3a3e28cb36101ad55b96158fe1b50:disqus , “allegations started hurtling” is a fairly well-used phrase.  I’m quite certain it’s a typo.