Tumblr users give Congress an earful about SOPA

10 Responses to “Tumblr users give Congress an earful about SOPA”

1. lknope says:

Love whoever it was who kept someone on the phone for 31 minutes!

2. ozmonatov says:

And it’s going to give people more incentive to actually act to change this de facto aristocracy when we see that this does absolutely nothing to prevent it passing.

3. I sent a miltipage email to my congressman and had every point I brought up addressed.
    Sure it was just an intern, but someone spent at least 1/2 an hour responding to my email personally.

4. kaplanfx says:

I don’t think this will help.  Unless those ~88k folks band together and raise money to offset the money that the reps will not receive if they do not push through the content owners agenda, then this is all for naught.  The reps are smart enough to know that losing the content creators support is worse than potentially losing the support of a small handful of voters. They know where their bread is buttered.

5. ScytheNoire says:

Congress doesn’t work for the people though, it’s works for the corporations. America is a Corporatocracy, not a Democracy. This will do nothing to stop the end of Free Speech.

6. Mordicai says:

Now, back to the animated .gif mines!

7. Daemonworks says:

Sadly, CongressThugs only work for citizens in the months immediately before an election.

8. sincarne says:

Don’t forget this doesn’t just affect Americans. It applies to everyone worldwide who’s registered one of the big three TLDs. The EU has already drafted a resolution against seizure of EU citizen’s domains. In Canada, write your MP and Tony “Mmm, delicious MPAA boots” Clement and encourage them to do the same!

9. Alan Ball says:

Instead of flooding wallstreet why don’t we flood congress with lobbyists. I mean we can even pay them.

10. Simen Svale Skogsrud says:

This bill will effectively offshore a range of American businesses and create demand for a payment processor outside of USan jurisdiction. As a european I see a lot of opportunity here. We should have our own campaign calling your congressmen recommending they vote yes to kill off American businesses. It’s time for USA to yield the floor.