13 Responses to “Occupy "Bat Signal for the 99%" light projections: the "making of" video, shot by Mark Read and crew”

1. Heath Sledge says:

Beautiful. Thank you.

2. Karen Romeo says:

Thank you.  This is beautiful–so hopeful. Mad me cry. Tears of gratitude.

3. Years ago, I wrote in a blog post that art would lead the great renewal, what some call the revolution; for there is nothing the collective fears as much as Art (thus, it always tries to buy and own art, the better to define for us what it is and is not). And here it comes, Art unchained, unrestrained, liberated; sponsored not by BofA or Chase or Goldman, but by a working Mom in her apartment. The Awakening has arrived.

4. John Veteran says:

Of course I don’t take myself seriously here………but……IF and that is such a huge IF that it couldn’t possibly be true…IF there are a bunch of UFO’s buzzing about the planet right now then a possible perspective of looking down at a building with 99% on it would look a little bit  like

666

5. This was EPIC!! I saw it on a live stream from a traffic copter, and almost fell out of my chair. Eternal respect to all involved in this. Well Done!

6. jimh says:

Got a little misty watching this. Thanks.

7. Guest says:

Okay, that just nailed me.  Watching these people’s determination reclaim their world, seeing them believe they can make it right through sheer force of will — and seeing signs that it might just work — is inexpressibly moving.

8. pdffs says:

Amazing.  Well done.  That is all.

9. greebo says:

And the perfect soundtrack too! That’s East Hastings by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, from F#A#. I love that track!

10. BambooJackson says:

Fucking fantastic, thank you

11. Suburbancowboy says:

The choice of music is odd, as it is also used  in another video that went slightly viral a while back, the footage from the abandoned Six Flags in New Orleans. This song is a little too creepy for this video I think.

(Original BB post has a link that is no longer available…http://boingboing.net/2010/11/05/six-flags-new-orlean.html )

12. Cowicide says: