1937 Chevy Newsreels Pets - Pussyweight Boxing Cats Battle

17 Responses to “1937 Chevy Newsreels Pets - Pussyweight Boxing Cats Battle”

1. Michael W. says:

So today I’ve learned that cats were pioneers in both space exploration and S&M fetish wear.

• CharredBarn says:

You know, the real scandal isn’t what’s in the film. It’s the casting couch these cats had to curl up on to get this gig.

2. phisrow says:

I can runz bartertown noaw?

3. xzzy says:

I do think the word “pussyweight” needs to see more use, if we get nothing else out of this video.

(typing it into google yields some amusing results)

4. pizzicato says:

My nephew did me those exact paws of fury when I diabolically squeeze his squirt bottle while he is drinking.

5. PhosPhorious says:

400 quatloos on the gray cat.

6. CharredBarn says:

And again as entertainment in 2012. It’s like they say: comedy is animal cruelty  plus time.

7. Spastic says:

I’m guessing that they edited out the biting and kicking.  I guarantee that if my cats were in that ring those dogs would be da skeerd onez.  Also, I’d fully expect a large steamer on my pillow from my cats for putting gloves on their paws.

8. gellfex says:

I dunno, I’ve seen my cats MUCH meaner to each other for their own chuckles with nobody urging them on.

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

Same here. We have three cats. Our tiny female terrorizes the large male. It’s great family entertainment.

• flosofl says:

I have two Maine Coons, Cecil and Beanie,(smallish ones only around 19 lbs) and a 95 lb LARGE choc lab. The smallest of the three (the female ‘coon) rules the roost. It was touch and go for a while when Bull (the rescue dog) was introduced. The cats had an escape room with a sized entrance the dog can’t enter and could climb high. However, upon returning from work one day I noticed two *tiny* little scratches on Bull’s snout. From that point on, Bull will not only *not* enter a room until Beanie has left, he will actually vacate his dog bed if Beanie shows an interest in it.

9. Randwulf says:

Took me a few seconds to remember where I saw part of this before.  At :27s of Fatboy Slim’s  – The Joker video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgk9ouBuj-4

10. Hanglyman says:

I wonder how much the person who did the poor impression of two cats fighting got paid. Whatever it was, it was too much.

11. Sutra says:

I’ve fostered two litters of kittens and live with three cats. I know a puddi fight when I see one and those puddis were not fighting. If there was any cruelty here, it was keeping them penned up instead of letting ‘em run around and play chase.

12. hypnosifl says:

I like that the sign on the fence said “Admishun”–early LOLspeak?

13. And for perpetual reuse on discussion forums, the animated GIF version: http://mlkshk.com/r/BDNJ