Obama tries out MAKE's Extreme Marshmallow Shooter

20 Responses to “Obama tries out MAKE's Extreme Marshmallow Shooter”

1. mkultra says:

Oh, man. The SS would have not been thrilled about this. Understandably.

2. And somewhere in the bowels of SAIC, an evil scheme is launched.

3. I liked it when he was telling people to back up; I’d have totally been like “I’m the f’ing president, I said move out of the f’ing way!”.

4. Christopher says:

Seeing the President get to do something like this makes me want to run for office, especially since I don’t have the aptitude to build my own marshmallow shooter (and I don’t know where I’d keep it anyway). Then I remember all the responsibilities and crap that go with  being President.

Surely there’s an easier way to be invited to test-fire an extreme marshmallow shooter.

5. Baanrit says:

For a moment there I believed I could see him having a slight geek out.

6. Will Traxler says:

Any day now they’re gonna hook one up to a drone. Actually that would be pretty sweet, if you could buy a mini drone that you could fly around and ambush your friends with marsh mellow attacks, where do I sign up to dump money into that project?

7. spacemunky says:

Now the President advocates the indefinite launching of domestic marshmallows without toasting. Why am I not surprised?

8. ChicagoD says:

That was awesome.

9. Guest says:

I want to see s’more

10. Paul Renault says:

I was trying to find a reason for the  in-line traps.  They’re just for decoration, eh?

You can/could save a lot of time and money by just skipping the wavy pipe and the three tees it uses.

At the non-business end, put a 1 1/2in tee instead of one of the elbows, and put a 1 1/2 to 3/4 reducer, and the tee for the pressure gauge and the loading-air bicyle valve.

Now, if you use SCH 80 PCV pipe and fittings, you can increase the air pressure…

• Zadaz says:

“For decoration” is a perfectly valid use for a part. I put forth that it’s just as valuable as any other part.

Without it, it would look exactly like the billion other ordinary looking PVC air cannons around.

11. cmpalmer says:

Apparently, President Obama never learned to operate a bicycle pump correctly, but, other than that, this was extremely cool.

•  Neither the kid nor Obama operated the pump properly. Put the pump on the floor, stabilize it with your feet, and put your back, abs, and weight into it. Take that sucker to 55 PSI and load it with a kiwi fruit or loquat.

12. Culturedropout says:

Then you eat the marshmallow, thus disarmin’ him…  (The TSA bans jumbo marshmallows and plastic tubing in 3…2…1…)

13. Petzl says:

Barack, you know it’s an election year, right? (Being extra vigilant, because I forgot to warn Dukakis not to get in the tank and Kerry never to windsurf and look at the resulting unpleasantness.)

14. Mister44 says:

If the kid had mounted it on a drone model, he could have gotten a DARPA grant.

No – but really – cool stuff.

15. Promethean Sky says:

It feels good to know that I have a president that can so obviously enjoy things like this.

16. Marktech says:

I really enjoyed that, and I liked that Obama enjoyed it; but whenever I see film of a President relaxing, I think of the White House bowling alley in “The Contender”:

Right now some  terrorist camp in Libya is being spared a bombing raid because I’m obsessed with beating my 150 average.