From the BBC: "A stray dog has completed a 1700km journey across China after joining a cycle race from Sichuan province to Tibet. ... He ran with them for 20 days, covering up to 60km a day, and climbing 12 mountains."

18 Responses to “Stray dog joins cyclists on 1700km race”

1. Bonobo says:

I fed a stray cat a can of tuna once when I was a kid. It came back every day for almost a year despite never receiving food again.

• nowitzki41 says:

You’re terrible. Why didn’t you get the cat help. I’ve been feeding a stray for almost a year

• Antinous / Moderator says:

I was feeding eight strays for five years at my old house. When I moved, the lady next door, who had called me weekly for half a decade to tell me how cute the cats were when they were playing in her yard, refused to take over feeding them despite my offering her $1K to pay for cat food.

• travtastic says:

Unfortunately, a lot of shelters won’t actually take feral cats , they’ll just spay/neuter and release.  The best bet today is craigslist or the newspaper. I’ve been watching over a cat and kittens under my neighbors’ front porch for a while, because I know the Humane League is just going to kill them or release them if I bring them in.

• B E Pratt says:

eh, to ‘nowitzki41′
        You are obviously a cat person. Bobobo, I am  guessing not, although he did say ‘when I was a kid’. Most kids would rather have dogs (unless of course they are me and make friends with the scariest cat ever that literally scares my mom and sis to the point I am forced to get rid of it.) As horrifying as it was to me at the time, my Dad’s throwing the cat 15′ out the door was nothing ZERO compared to having to give up the thing. Uh, yes, the cat was a bit of a, er, problem. But it REALLY liked ME!

2. Chuck says:

My sources have informed me that the dog is under investigation for the alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs.

3. BarBarSeven says:

I love this dog so much! FUCK ANYONE MAKING SNARKY JOKES ABOUT THIS DOG!

4. Travis James says:

I’m starting here…
    so thing dog ran how many days?  Eating what?  And you think it’s reasonable why.  Seriously, there is some major exaggeration or hell has come forward to release a delightful puppy…
    ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE

totally became tools when you let a pro nike person post… god bless you

5. justine says:

What? No-one noticed the “Littlest Hobo” content? So perfect…

To be fair to shelters, many feral cats are…feral. Not house pet material. Neutering is a reasonable response for cats that will take up shelter space, but may never be adopted.

A combo of neutering AND feeding is the best thing for critters that don’t want a house and human company.

•  I caught it. In fact I can NOT believe that I remember that title sequence. In fact, looking at the dates, that series was taped before I was born. How young was I when I was watching a few of those re-runs?

• justine says:

I was not surprised to remember it AT ALL. I’m pretty sure whole sections of my brain have been given over to remembering it AND the theme to “the Beachcombers”.

6. Kimmo says:

I have a feeling many dogs share my initial reaction to the concept of the bicycle, which they’re forever doomed to repeat: WANT

7. snagglepuss says:

I, for one, am AMAZED that not one person has made a joke about the Chinese and their alleged proclivity for making meals out of dogs. Something along the lines of “Did all that running improve the marbling ?”….

• BarBarSeven says:

Because Vietnamese are often joked as the folk who eat dogs. Chinese are often joked as the folks who eat cats. Americans are often joked as the folks who eat anything! WHAT A COUNTRY!

8. jan angevine says:

Hmm. Is there a Forest Gump thing going on with this little dog?

9. magnetiquewolf says: