Click watches look like light-switches

6 Responses to “Click watches look like light-switches”

1. Terry Border says:

Reminds me of my dad’s Pulsar digital watch in the 70′s which you had to push a button on the side to get it too tell you the time.

• jandrese says:

I note that it is also huge like one of those 70s watches.

I’m also wondering just how long the battery will last if you leave it on. The reason you had to press the button on the old watches is because the display would run the battery down quickly.

2. Marky says:

I’m liking these watches fine, but why can’t a giant watch have a giant watchband, to fit those of us with a giant wrist?

3. Andrea says:

Those of us who fiddle with things could drive people nuts with these.

*clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick*

“GYAH! ON OR OFF! PICK ONE!”

4. Robotech_Master says:

Who would really want one of these? I’ve got a nice Casio Digital that shows time AND date AND day of week, AND has a timer, stopwatch, alarm, and world time zone display. And it only cost about $30. Why on earth would I want to pay $100 for a silly little thing that was obsolete twenty years ago?

Oh, right. Fashion. You can make anyone pay outrageous amounts for barely-functional trinkets if you make them look kinda neat and convince those people that throwing their money away is the COOL thing to do.

(If people have $100 to waste on a watch, how about they buy a Casio like mine and send the rest of the money to me? I could use it!)

5. Anon_Mahna says:

“Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.”

side note, I’d be thrilled to have a functional wall switch like this.