Buy one divorce, get your next one half off

19 Responses to “Buy one divorce, get your next one half off”

1. Wreckrob8 says:

Which divorcee gets custody of the second half price divorce? Better get an attorney.

2. voiceinthedistance says:

I signed up with Pre-Paid Divorce ®.  Their Baker’s Dozen deal is far less attractive than this one.  Drat.

3. I know a lot of Republicans who are very worried about preserving the sanctity of  marriage from the Gay Menace(TM) who could use a deal like this.

4. Rossi says:

Better call Saul

5. chris jimson says:

If this applies to the alimony payments it’s a REALLY good deal!

6. msbpodcast says:

A sad but accumate statement on the state of longevity in the twentieth century. “‘Til death do us part” stopped meaning what it used to for my grandfather onwards.

My great-grand mother died from slipping and falling on the pavement in the wintertime, not from the fall but from the infection that set in from the ashes that they used to spread on the sidewalks in Montréal at the turn of the twentieth century.

My maternal grand-father was orphaned at an early age because of infection and disease.

• timquinn says:

are you running for office?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

My mother (born 1927) said, “Lifetime marriage was fine in your grandparents’ time. Who the hell would want to spend sixty years with the same person now?”

• In all fairness the reason that marriages don’t last as long is because we don’t live in an oppressive society that demands we remain married to people we’ve worked out we hate.

It doesn’t really go any deeper than that.

7. semiotix says:

You know, sometimes I’ll get to thinking I’m a good American. And then along comes someone like this and I weep with shame at my inadequacy.

8. Kaleberg says:

Is this like those “double your garbage back if not completely satisfied” offers?

9. Digilante says:

Don’t blame the man for perfecting a business strategy based on well-known statistics.

10. digi_owl says:

One can even pay via Paypal, impressive.

11. fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

Honestly, while the tone certainly doesn’t go out of its way to preserve our delicate feelings, I don’t see why divorce lawyers being cheap would be a bad thing.

Like it or not, it’s a very commonly used service(I’ll leave the arguments about whether or not it is frivolously overused, complete with celebrity anecdotes and abuse horror stories, to others)that really shouldn’t be all that complex unless there are significant assets to unwind.

Given that, it is both a sign that competition might actually be working(at least at the shallow end of the legal pool) and that relatively poor people might actually be able to afford this particular legal service. Seems like a good thing to me.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Divorce is a pretty destructive process.  Maybe couples should have to put up a divorce bond in order to get a marriage license.  That might make people think about the future of the relationship instead of the color of the wedding napkins.

• fuzzyfuzzyfungus says:

While the ‘divorce’ bit certainly isn’t any more fun than any other trip to the lawyer, it’s arguably the whole ‘collapse-of-the-relationship’ bit that is really the destructive part.

• People aren’t good at imagining themselves in the future, whereas the colour of napkins is immediate, important and interesting. My votes for green, by the way.

12. Wingnut says:

Aw, c’mon! The lawyer obviously has a sense of humor  and the ad reflects that.

13. I’m not married but I’m tempted to snap up the offer in advance, it’s just good economics.

Also he accepts PayPal.