HOWTO make cheap Louboutin knockoffs

17 Responses to “HOWTO make cheap Louboutin knockoffs”

1. Steve says:

Since when does Homebase set its prices according to demand?

2. AnnaRegina says:

Also, you can purchase red soles online & have a cobbler resole your shoes with them.

3. er0ck says:

warning!  link to Murdoch owned site.  information contained may be outright fabrications or intended to manipulate…

4. bcsizemo says:

If Louboutin was smart he’d make every year a slightly different shade of red (or hell a different color all together).

5. perch says:

I’ll paint the soles of my shoes any color that I think is awesome, and quite frankly don’t give a hoot about some fancy-pants L* or whoever I’ve never heard of.

DIY fashion for the entire win, though. If you didn’t make or modify it yourself, it’s not yours.

6. Dovanna says:

I wouldn’t want anyone to think I was rich enough to buy these shoes. More chance to get mugged I would think.

• penguinchris says:

Agreed with the general sentiment but I actually like the look. Sometimes the association with a big name in fashion ruins things for people who don’t want to be associated with big names in fashion :(

I mean I’m male and wouldn’t be wearing high heels anyway (most of the time), but that’s beside the point ;)

I’m pretty sure I could get away with painting the soles of my shoes without anyone making the connection, and I guess I wouldn’t choose red anyway.

In menswear, brightly colored rubber soles on otherwise dressy shoes have been a thing for a few years now. But honestly I like the look of the Louboutin high heels a lot better (I’d never seen or heard of them before now though).

7. CLamb says:

Good thing Louboutin isn’t following the pattern of the DRM world and lobbying for regulations to force the paint manufacturers to make red paint unable to adhere to the bottoms of ladies’ shoes.

8. Antinous / Moderator says:

Not Croydonpunk?

9. eviladrian says:

It’s like the old story about women who couldn’t get nylon stockings during WWII, so they would draw a line down their leg with an eyebrow pencil.