13 Responses to “Overheard at Comic-Con: The new Community showrunners promise not to ruin the show”

1. EH says:

I’m a huge fan of the show, but that definitely doesn’t mean I should be put in charge of it. That said, they’re probably contractually required to say these things.

2. Øyvind says:

“It’s only the greatest show in the history of television.”
    I’m not sure about that, but it really is pretty damn good. And to think I didn’t like it to begin with. In fact, I hated it after episode one. My brother convinced me to stick with it. Now I’m happy they get to keep going.
    Also, I am happy Chevy Chase get to be funny again.

3. fnordboy says:

I’m a huge fan of the show and of Dan Harmon.  I am hoping that the new runners can keep what Harmon started going without changing too much of it, though I am realistic and know they will need to add their own touches to it.

David Guarascio and Moses Port were executive producers on the american remake of The IT Crowd, so…

• wildemar says:

Thanks for that info. That’s a load of my mind actually, because there’s no more worrying if the show is going to suck or not. I now look forward to watching it, secure in the knowledge that the only surprises waiting for me will be positive ones.

• mccrum says:

There was a US version of the IT Crowd?  Huh.  Missed that.

4. I loved Community, but it is dead to me now.  That they fired Harmon, and the way they fired Harmon, killed my desire to watch the show anymore. At least this way I’m leaving on a high note and I don’t have to watch any shark-jumping or another Scrubs-style slide into mediocrity.

5. strangefriend says:

Breaking Bad rules.
    Sorry.

6. BarBarSeven says:

Do they even talk about comic books at comic-con anymore?

7. Halloween_Jack says:

It’s worth reading some of Ken Levine’s blog posts about Harmon, who he admits he doesn’t know personally, but can at least address from the perspective of someone who’s been in the TV business for a while. Although Levine puts the bulk of the blame for the Harmon/Chevy Chase feud on Chase, who’s been known as a dick for some decades now, he also doesn’t let Harmon off the hook for conducting part of it in public. Sometimes shows do fall into mediocrity or worse when they change hands, but sometimes they get better, as witness Star Trek: The Next Generation after they finally pried Gene Roddenberry’s hands off the helm controls.

• BarBarSeven says:

Bingo on the Star Trek: The Next Generation reference. The first season of ST: TNG—which was 100% Roddenberry—is utterly unwatchable. The best stuff happened after he left.

Also—and this might seem counter to what I say above—but this post is weird: Did folks actually believe that anyone would say anything bad about the future of the show during what is ostensibly an industry show? Who sits at a panel at Comic-Con and goes, “Hey, you know this project you are all attending a panel on? It’s bad. Don’t waste your time with it.”

8. snipehunt says:

While one of the writers Megan Ganz uses almost the exact same language to describe her transition from fan to writer of the show, I am still… hesitant about the new season, but will watch because I love the cast and a few writers have stuck around.  fingers crossed.