17 Responses to “Christopher Eccleston cast as the villain in Thor 2, geekdom is immediately overwhelmed”

1. Snig says:

Alright, I’ll admit to a mild case of the vapours.

2. Ramone says:

I was so skeptical of the first Thor until I saw it–and loved it. And then I bought the blu ray, and honestly, I think the more times I’ve watched it, the more I think it’s one of my favorite of the Marvel movies. Yeah, it’s got a simplistic plot, but it’s really a lot of fun. And the whole magic is science is magic message is something I wish was more prevelant in movies. I’m really looking foward to Thor 2!

3. retepslluerb says:

By Grabthar’s hammer, by the suns of Warvan, these are good tidings.

4. Thad Boyd says:

even bigger than David Tennant showing up in a Harry Potter movie.

Erm, I should think so, given that David Tennant showed up in a Harry Potter movie before anyone knew who the fuck David Tennant WAS.

5. Fornicus says:

Is it bigger than Benedict Cumberbatch being cast as the villain in Star Trek 2?

6. mr theriault says:

Based on how he looks I’m going to guess Absorbing Man.

7. sam1148 says:

He doesn’t look well.

8. NelC says:

Ecclestone has been in so much good stuff since Shallow Grave (and before, come to that).  It’s odd to see so many people who have no idea who he is beyond the tenth Doctor.

9. RedShirt77 says:

Destpite having a Doctor I still would put my money on the movie being of Iron Man 2 quality.  But I will watch it anyway.

Sometimes I think I should just send Marvel 10 bucks and read a book.

10. Seriously says:

Poor Christopher Eccleston.  He is always the villian unless he’s The Doctor. I think he is awesome and more than a little bit “yummy”

11. THANK YOU for recognizing potential for ‘Ston cold awesomeness!  (Loki/Henry V and the Ninth Doctor? I swoon… ; ) )