Traffic hacks: elderly woman in China ties sex doll to tree to slow motorists

38 Responses to “Traffic hacks: elderly woman in China ties sex doll to tree to slow motorists”

1. Prospero761 says:

What is up with China and sex dolls, lately? First the “drowning woman” and now this. I mean, Japan, sure. But China?

2. Ashley Yakeley says:

…slow down and take their eyes off the crossing. Is this really going to reduce accidents?

3. Mitch_M says:

Bad strategy. If people braking to look at the doll cause a backup there will be many frustrated drivers. Frustrated drivers are more aggressive and take more risks. So where is the increase in safety?

Do they have the radar signs that show excess speed in red numerals in China? I always remember to slow down when I see one of those.

4. Leto_Atreides says:

I hope it’s not one of those expensive “real doll”.

5. Teller says:

That’ll slow the male drivers. Doll needs a nice pair of heels for the women.

6. Brie says:

If/when she goes missing would it appropriate to post her missing persons photo on KY products?

7. GawainLavers says:

Awesome.  No wonder the Chinese venerate their elders.

8. silkox says:

Elderly? Really?

• Antinous / Moderator says:

There’s was something on BBC today where they used ‘elderly’ to describe people in their 60s. Which seemed particularly weird in a country where the very active head of state and her consort are 86 and 91.

9. TacoChuck says:

It is not 100% clear, but that looks more like a mannequin in lingerie than a sex doll to me. The big clue being the closed mouth and the legs being together.

10. yunostfu says:

How do I make this work on my street at night? It’s autobahn here after midnight. In a 30 mph zone!

• Jesse Nikolic says:

Forget the doll, you need a speed activated spike strip

• IronEdithKidd says:

I need one of those.  My 25 mph street is constant host to police and sheriff’s vehicles traveling in excess of 80 mph.

• tré says:

Spike tha police

• awjt says:

I wouldn’t spike the police, or throw a bunch of shit in the road.  That would come back to you in a bad way.  But what you CAN do, other than the diplomatic channels, is arrange for some EXTREMELY heavy trucks to drive around on your street randomly and make your road, shall we say, a little less than glassy smooth, if you get my drift.  Tear the place up a bit. That’ll slow ‘em down.

• IronEdithKidd says:

Christ, can’t a girl have a revenge fantasy without everyone piling on with crappy reality?  Sheesh.

I’m well aware that my fantasy of bringing some forced accountability to the officers and deputies that fly down my road would bring unacceptable repercussions.  What I really need to do is stop the mayor when he’s walking his dog across the street tomorrow morning and have a short chat, then call up the sheriff and tell him what his deputies are up to.  BTW, no street in Michigan is as smooth as you may be imagining.  Maybe for a couple months after paving, but my street hasn’t been paved since ’04.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Yeah, I haven’t seen a road worker in more than five years. That was the first thing to go when the economy tanked.

• RedShirt77 says:

You don’t need spikes, just gravel.  People slow down in gravel because it kicks up and scratches the underside of their cars.

• IronEdithKidd says:

Have you ever been to Michigan? We have some of the worst roads in the nation.  I’m much more concerned about throwing a tie rod from hitting a pothole than scratching the bottom of my car.  Is that even a thing?  Besides, the street sweepers/plows (depending on time of year) would make that a pointlessly short term solution.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Especially if the gravel is actually small, hollow caltrops.

11. well, it’s a great way to get clutter of sex dolls in the living room cleaned up and I can’t wait to see the look on my neighbor’s face, totally trying this at home

12. Purkit says:

That is simply fantastic. People just get cooler with age. (At least that’s what I keep telling myself).

13. Lemoutan says:

That knocks my idea for a WhatWouldSlowYouDown.com  for six then. Not worth bothering if only one page. Tsch.

14. Red Leatherman says:

A free demonstration by Midori?