Happy Mutant Congressman has at least two Boing Boing T-shirts in his wardrobe

15 Responses to “Happy Mutant Congressman has at least two Boing Boing T-shirts in his wardrobe”

1. n0mad13 says:

Polis for Prez 2016?

2. brandonmwest says:

Jared Polis is an amazingly smart, progressive, and fact-based person. If Congress were full of people like him, we’d be much better off. He’s the type of politician that is genuinely worthy of respect.

• Ipo says:

He’s the type of politician that is genuinely worthy of respect.

You mean that exists for real?

Now, what about Unizilla?
      *exitedly holding breath*

3. Nicole Dunham says:

Whoa he kind of looks like François Hollande!

4. Aaron Swain says:

That’s it. I’m fucking moving to Colorado.

• cycle23 says:

Just realize that Boulder County is an anomaly within Colorado. Nederland, CO is an anomaly within the known universe..

• cpm5280 says:

We’re not like the rest of our state, that’s for sure. Denver is increasingly sophisticated & urban (and progressive), but outside of Denver & Boulder, Colorado’s as red as its neighbors.

But we’ll keep JP in office. We like him.

5. Kevin Baker says:

This is also the same person who posted on the League of Legends message boards to rally opposition to SOPA.

6. John English says:

I was at the hackerspace when he was there. Great surprise – both to see my congressmen in our space and to see him in a boingboing shirt! He was very friendly and chill. Some of our members who didn’t know who he was thought he was just another regular person.

It’s incredibly cool to have a congressmen that I can respect politically, and also geek out with. Holy cow, why can’t the rest of the federal government be so awesome?

7. jaredpolis says:

OMG so excited to be on BoingBoing twice in one year!
    John Maushammer is a way better photographer than me, too. And to think, he printed out the camera from scratch and made the memory card from leftover macaroni!

• morcheeba says:

Aw, thanks!  I didn’t really print out that camera from scratch, but I have reverse-engineered a series of “disposable” digital cameras to make them reusable. I bypassed the security mechanism that the company put in them (intended so that only they could retrieve your pictures, for a price of course!).  There’s a bunch of DMCA implications, so if you’re interested, I can give you an earful from a hacker perspective!

Welcome!

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

You should write a how-to article for MAKE, Rep. Polis!

8. CoquiELF says:

C’mon back to Boulder, Mark!