The best arguments for a Disney park in Toronto are a little bit depressing

17 Responses to “The best arguments for a Disney park in Toronto are a little bit depressing”

1. ROSSINDETROIT says:

2.2 million people in the Detroit area are a 4 hour drive away.  Unfortunately due to changes in the law you can no longer cross the border with simple documentation.  It requires a passport or an Enhanced Driver’s License at the Detroit/Windsor border.

• korthmat says:

That’s actually not *quite* accurate.  You can cross the US/Canadian border with a border crossing card like a Nexus card, in addition to a passport or an EDL.  (Speaking from personal experience here – I don’t have a passport, but I do cross the border several times a year – generally at Port Huron/Sarnia.)

2. n/a says:

They couldn’t put it IN Toronto, there’s no room.  Where the hell would they stick a giant park like that?

3. Stephen Gordon says:

Why didn’t Cory post this? I bet Maggie put you up to this. #lost5pointsinguessthepostergame

4. Hal says:

not sure where you are getting the idea that 141M people within a 9 hour drive represents overpopulation?

5. Vickie Kostecki says:

Not practical. The months of the year when people most yearn to go to theme parks (winter & spring holidays) Toronto is not really clement & no global warming is going to help that in my lifetime. Isn’t there a midwest state that needs revitalizing?

6. Daemonworks says:

Assuming they’re driving at 90km/h that’s 2060154 sqkm, which is 53 people/sqkm, or 18 meters per person. Of course we often live what amounts to nice vertical termite mounds, so it’s not quite as bad as it sounds.

7. Peter says:

You know what… no.  Just no.

I don’t mind Disney building a park in Canada, but you leave Wonderland the hell alone.  That’s OUR place (even if it’s currently owned by an American corporation).  A little cheesy but that’s what Canadians do best.

We don’t need to be a branch of Disney.

And IF you go ahead and do it, despite my warnings… you’d better still call it Wonderland.  Maybe tie it into Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, make it a whole theme, I don’t care.  But that’s non-negotiable.

• Dan Hibiki says:

If they put it anywhere they should put it in Quebec. Let the Americans drive those francophone nuts.

• Vickie Kostecki says:

I may be biased, but I live about two blocks from Wonderland, and the City of Vaughan does not exactly hold traffic management as their strong suit now. I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like with Disneyland style traffic.