"Ready Player One" DeLorean prize awarded

8 Responses to “"Ready Player One" DeLorean prize awarded”

1. Boundegar says:

I just finished reading this, and I didn’t see one egg.  A few oddly constructed sentences, but no obvious clues.  I would love to see complete spoilers!

Also, the embedded video doesn’t seem to work, but it works fine on the click-through.

2. Slowermo says:

Obviously he used his prize to travel to the future to find out the answer so he would win. Diabolical.

3. It’s a really great read. I wouldn’t have made it past Cline’s 3rd challenge that fast…

4. equilibrist says:

There was an egg in there?  Damn,  I ripped through it in an afternoon and then passed it off to my 18 yo.   Didn’t need a De’Lorean. Do want a DelLorean.

5. Hanglyman says:

Just started reading this, and had no idea the book itself had a contest in it, besides the one in the storyline. Was this common knowledge, or was the existence of the contest itself part of the puzzle?

• Boundegar says:

It was mentioned on BoingBoing, and outskirts of the internet.  Having seen the video, I’m disappointed I didn’t pick up the first clue.  But I would have flunked the first challenge.  I suck at video games.

• Boundegar says:

6. cubby96 says:

I wanted to participate, but was thwarted by the requirement that I have a Facebook account to participate in the second gate challenge. That and the inexplicable ineligibility of Florida residents made me think that I might be unable to collect even if I won. Boo.

The first challenge was easy enough to find by reading the contest rules (before they were revised) and the game Stacks was a fun little diversion. I wanted to do the rest, but I just couldn’t bring myself to register for the evil Facebook.

For what it is worth, I rather enjoyed the novel.