Lego's massive Haunted House set

13 Responses to “Lego's massive Haunted House set”

1. jandrese says:

The 2000 pieces says “advanced builders only”, and the $260 price tag adds “with cash to burn”.

• Ramone says:

The set’s retail price is $179 at the LEGO website and stores.

• Jorpho says:

It seems to me there are many who would condemn any recommendation of “advanced builders”, who would advise the purchaser to toss the instructions and let their imaginations build whatever they see fit.

I’m kind of confused on the matter myself – as a young’un, I almost always followed the instructions and had plenty of fun doing so.

2. The set is actually only $180, and that online seller is gouging.

3. cjporkchop says:

Sometimes I wish we had a bigger house so that we’d have room for toys like this.

4. Boundegar says:

Sweet sweetness!

5. David Henderson says:

I had to laugh at the vid.. “Opens up… Almost like a doll house”.

I think you’re kidding yourself.

Awesome set though. Fun to play with the lego guys in there.

6. Bottlekid says:

Only 2000 pieces?  James May’s Lego house used 3.3 million pieces!

7. They should do Stauf’s mansion from The 7th Guest. Far scarier. But then again, I’m biased in that regard.

8. snark^ says:

What I love most about the Monster Fighters sets is they look like they’ve been designed by kids – mismatched colours, bits sticking out everywhere, weird piece choices, etc.  Other themes might have a smoother, more professionally designed look but MF feels most like homemade lego.

9. TheMudshark says:

So how many of those would you expect to receive as presents over the next couple of birthdays and christmases, Cory?