19 Responses to “Herbert Lom, who played stressed-out boss of Inspector Clouseau in "Pink Panther" films, has died”

1. He did a lot more than the Pink Panther movies.  His IMDB listing shows an amazing movie and TV repertoire.  That includes movies like “Spartacus” and “El Cid”.

2. BarBarSeven says:

Wow, this really saddens me. Going to see Pink Panther films with my dad was a favorite childhood memory.  R.I.P.

And this funeral video seems quite appropriate.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66VNF5-624

3. retepslluerb says:

For someone under that much stress, he got pretty old.

4. enterthestory says:

Is there a video without the loud music? I’m listening on a cheap net book against the sound of traffic, and can’t make out the words.

Loved his work though. RIP

5. Lodewijk Gonggrijp says:

I owe a lot of laughs to this man, RIP

6. huskerdont says:

Here in the U.S. I don’t think it was ever shown, but he also starred in a British series called The Human Jungle. I think youtube has a couple of episodes up.

7. Gtmac says:

He also played Yaskov in the wonderful and underrated Hopscotch opposite Walter Matthau.

8. Crimea River says:

Besides the Pink Panther movies, one of my favorite roles of his was as Christopher Walken’s rehab doctor in “The Dead Zone.”

• Felton / Moderator says:

I love the scene in which Walken asks him if he’d kill Hitler, if he could go back in time and had the chance:

“All right. All right. I’ll give you an answer. I’m a man of medicine. I’m expected to save lives and ease suffering. I love people. Therefore, I would have no choice but to kill the son of a bitch.”

• planettom says:

Maybe most impressive — Despite having practically memorized the various PINK PANTHER movies, I never connected that was Herbert Lom in THE DEAD ZONE.

9. jimh says:

Lom was definitely one of the best slow burns in the biz! Maybe second only to Ted Knight. What great fun it was to watch him go mad.

10. Brent Kirkham says:

He also wrote an excellent book call “Dr. Guillotine” I seem to recall.