David Pescovitz is Boing Boing's co-editor/managing partner. He's also a research director at Institute for the Future. On Instagram, he's @pesco.

TAGS:

23 Responses to “City business people”

1. My favorite character is the woman behind the smiling man

– third from the left. I like the way her smile slowly fades, then drops completely: “Oh, it’s you.”

2. Bauart says:

I used to work in broadcast design and do the promotional packages used by TV stations across the nation. Part of the deliverable package we ALWAYS had to create we nick named the, “Spin & Grin”. You line up the stations on air personalities, individually and together, and have them rotate toward camera [spin] while going from a calm face to a smile [grin].

Once you see this effect in practice, you’ll notice it EVERYWHERE.

3. Tavie says:

Dammit, for a brief, shining moment, this comment thread was just 2 Boingers laughing amongst themselves over the antics of a third Boinger, and it felt like we were secretly in a cool, imaginary Boinger private email thread.

4. I thought the post read “shock video” at first, and I was waiting for a monster to jump out. Then I realised the monsters are right there! Corporations amirite?

5. David J. Weiner says:

There’s an incredible music video by the group Ratatat that makes use of similar stock footage to creepy effect. The song is called “Drugs”: http://youtu.be/KhrteSZXFzM

6. Halloween_Jack says:

Third from the left is so stoned that she makes Ellen Feiss (from the Apple Switch ad) look straightedge.

7. foobar says:

From orbit/it’s the only way to be sure.

8. Laurent Dubois says:

Does anyone feels like this is a scene from “Children of the corn”… like they all grew up and are smiling to fool you… creepy…