Elfquest: A successful hunt

Page 10 of The Final Quest: Prologue is published online-first for the first time here at Boing Boing. First time reader? You're a few issues behind.

Published 7:45 am Mon, Nov 12, 2012

About the Author

Conceived in the heat of creativity early 1977. Born in the throes of Ypsilantean adversity on February 28, 1978. Entering that long golden afternoon even now.

More at Boing Boing

The new life of dead trees

Dani Tinker, with the National Wildlife Federation, on the wonderful weird things growing in that felled log out back.

Geometry Dash: jump, fly and flip your way through dangerous passages

This episode of Apps for Kids is brought to you by Shoparoo - start earning for your school today.

32 Responses to “Elfquest: A successful hunt”

1. Is she worried about them, I wonder, or is she a little jealous because she would be a mother too?
    So the new baby will be a girl? I guess that the healers know!
    I also wonder if someday we’ll know what “K’chaiya” means… Is it merely a translation of “Firehair” in Elvish? The first time Teir said that, I almost believed that it was Ember’s soulname…

2. Tavie says:

Boy am I out of touch with this tribe. Who’s that round-ear?

3. Sapfo says:

Sust and Pool! New/old characters and I just want to get to know them :-)

4. Erika Westberg says:

Huh, it looks weird now with your edit. Ah well. :-)

5. Ej Doe says:

Sust has the rare silver hair? Hmm, I hadn’t expected that at all. Skot had dark brown, Krim has wheat blond, and and Pike has orange. I suspect Sust is Skot’s biological son because he couldn’t bond with a wolf, and thought once we knew his hair color it would be a big clue once and for all. Silver throws me off completely. Errrrrgggg.

• Sapfo says:

“Skywise, have you met Krim?”

• Ej Doe says:

That was my initial thought too! I’m trying to remember when Krim got pregnant. Was it during the time the castle was pulled into the future and Skywise was away, or after he returned? Leetah clean his wolfblood, so if he was Skywise’s son, he couldn’t bond with a wolf now either.

•  I think Skot’s the father. He was conceived under that table when Skot and Krim said to Strongbow “Join us?” XD If Krim got pregnant before the the shards war, some healer would have noticed that- like Mender noticed after.

• Ghyom De Re says:

We don’t know who Pike’s mother was. If she was related to Clearbrook (like, maybe, her late daughter once mentioned), she could have been silver haired…

• David Miz says:

lol I think that was probably the point.  Krim and Cutter are the only two elves to have buff-colored hair, so that’s pretty rare too.  Perhaps the silver hair comes from Krim’s line?

6. I like to think that Skot left us a little present before he died…LOL

7. David Miz says:

Three things I love about this page:
    1.  Ember’s hair, curlier than Cutter’s, shaggier than Leetah’s
    2.  Pool saying Ember not being there for Sunstream’s cub’s birth hurting his heart, because I use the same phrase
    3.  Sust has silver hair!

8. Alison Madigan says:

I always figured Sust’s hair was buff colored, like his mother’s. Now looking at the group shot again, I see that Yun’s hair looks to be the same color as Krim’s, when I remember it being silver like Skywise’s. Makes me wonder if the colors got mixed…Yun’s with Sust’s (know what I mean?) May just be my faulty memory, tho!

9. Anna Smith says:

I love how this page shows Ember’s physical changes as she’s left behind her teen years and has truly entered adulthood.  She’s still distinctly herself, but her resemblance to Leetah is more defined now, while her hair is a perfect blending of both her parents, while retaining her own distinctive shade.