Elfquest: Nameless worries

Page 11 of The Final Quest: Prologue is published online-first for the first time here at Boing Boing. First time reader? You're a few issues behind.

Published 8:00 am Mon, Nov 19, 2012

About the Author

Conceived in the heat of creativity early 1977. Born in the throes of Ypsilantean adversity on February 28, 1978. Entering that long golden afternoon even now.

More at Boing Boing

The 1944 science fiction story that predicted the atomic bomb

In 1944, fully a year before the first successful nuclear test, Astounding Science Fiction magazine published a remarkably detailed description of an atomic bomb in a story called Deadline. The story, by the otherwise undistinguished author Cleve Cartmill, sent military intelligence racing to discover the source of his information — and his motives for publishing it.

Tikis of Bora Bora

Mark Frauenfelder returns from vacation with a substantially-enlarged collection of tiki photographs.

7 Responses to “Elfquest: Nameless worries”

1. Vickie Voersaa says:

O_o

2. Tavie says:

Oh… she just doesn’t like babies. I know lots of adults like that.

3. Wendy Fowler says:

Ember’s feeling left out…she wants to know recognition…

• cjporkchop says:

Not necessarily. Perhaps she just doesn’t care for the diaper-wearing set. I certainly have more fun around kids that are old enough that I can see the little gears turning in their heads.

4. Ember tags her posts #childfree…

Love Pike telling Krim not to stick her foot in it! LOL!

5. Nancy Eckert says:

I think this is the first time I’ve seen Sust in color–I assumed his hair was the same blonde shade as Krim’s. He looks a lot like Greywolf here! Which makes sense, if you’ve read the spoilers in “Kahvi…”

6. David Miz says:

I think it’s a great little bit of character detail that Ember isn’t comfortable around tiny babies.  It makes perfect sense given her “tomboy-ish” personality.   I also love that she’s sporting some blue-green elfin eyeshadow to match her eyes, just like her mom and Nightfall do.